The Big Reveal!

I am so excited about the Spring Round Up from the Remodeling Guy. If you havent visited his site before go now!! Its chock full of great ideas. Today he is hosting a remodeling party- projects big & small. When I was in the middle of my kitchen makeover I actually emailed Tim for some help and encouragment I am sooo glad I decided to take the plunge – I smile everytime I walk into my kitchen (except when the sink is full of dirty dishes).

Its done! (minus a few door pulls & island doors) but its done! The Kitchen Makeover is complete. I first must admit I dont recommend this for the faint at heart-it was a doozey. But I am sooooo glad I did it and I would definitely do it again! I feel quite proud of myself and I have to shout out a thank you to some folks who encouraged me along the way— Tim- The Remodel Guy for the emails & great tips , Kristen at WeAREThatfamily my in real life friend who told me “I COULD DO IT”, and Emily at Chatting at the Sky & Layla at The Lettered Cottage for the inspiration. If you want to read & see some befores go here and here.

I would not have been able to complete this makeover as fast as I did if my in-laws hadn’t helped. They came into town “just in time” for the make-over- not that I planned it that way *wink* *wink*- they were amazing. My mother in law was on a mission to get it complete before she left! and a big thank you to my husband for installing all the hardware-I am SOOOOO glad I didn’t not attempt that- because all my knobs would have been waaaayyyy off. Sooooo without further ado- here you go.

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

And because I can’t stop myself- this is my next project- staining the fireplace mantel a rich chocolate brown & painting the walls a yummy pale mocha.

ยซ
ยป

58 thoughts on “The Big Reveal!”

1. Kent & Heidi says:

I love it Amanda!!!!

2. Oh, Amanda! It looks fantastic. I know how hard it is to paint kitchen cabinets & all the labor that goes into it. I just love how yours turned out, what a transformation. So glad you hung in there & did it. I’m gonna add this to my Tumblr file.

3. Robin says:

Wow! It looks amazing. You are a brave woman to even attempt a big project like that. Great job!

4. Amber @ Classic Housewife says:

oh WOW – love, love, LOVE the black cabinets. (I assume it’s black and not chocolate brown?)
    REALLY kinda makes me want to go black on my cabinets, too. My kitchen is coffee themed and everything is red, brown and taupe with black accents. Black cabinets would ROCK!!!

I have to say that it all turned out way better than my makeovers ever do – I’m a messy painter. It’s just not one of my skillz. Great Job!!!

5. It looks fantastic! I LOVE the cabinets. They are so rich looking. You did a great job pulling all the pieces together. It’s amazing. I know you’re enjoying it!

-Hayley

6. Lauren says:

You’re a genius! It looks amazing!!!

7. Tammy says:

It looks beautiful! Your hard work certainly paid off.

(Now I am really hating on my WHITE cabinets!) :-)_

8. HOORAY! You did it and it looks fabulous! Such a dramatic and up-to-date change. Goodbye ivy paper! Can’t wait to see it in real life tomorrow!!

9. Sheri says:

a I have Wow, how beautiful! Let me know if you ever make it to Carolina I have some projects that I could use your help with!!!

10. HOLY MOLY! You’re cabinets are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come do mine!

11. Remodeling Guy says:

Amanda! You ROCK! You guys did an awesome job! It looks totally (need thesaurus, can’t say awesome again..stellar, radical, amazing, stupendous, incred..that works) INCREDIBLE!

You gotta include this in the Big Remodeling Guy Round Up in a couple of weeks! (May 1st). I’m on a road trip right now, down in the Florida Keys, but as soon as I get a chance you’ll hear more from me by email! Thanks for letting my know it was here to see!

Looks great! ~ Tim

12. Heather says:

Your kitchen looks fantastic! Did you paint your cabinets using a brush or spray paint?

13. ABeachCottage says:

oh my goodness, this is fantastic!

my that must have been quite a big old, hard job, all the work that goes into these, I know…

it looks so ‘quality’ now

well done, I am inspired for sure, although my whole house is white lol!

happy beautiful friday

Sarah

14. ilovemy5kids says:

I love those black cabients and the toile!!!

15. Lisa says:

That is beyond gorgeous!!!! WOW!!!

I am a little bit obsessed with toile, and those black and white valances just are entirely too perfect. It’s all absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!

16. Katy says:

This is an amazing transformation…I am in LOVE with black paint…well, I’m just in LOVE with paint period. I painted my front door black yesterday and I’ll be posting about it sometime today. It looks so much more updated and welcoming!!

17. Lamp Tramp says:

What a beautiful makeover of your kitchen. I love everything you did!
    Kudos to you!

18. I love it!! What a transformation! I’m crazy about your cabinets. You did a great job! ๐Ÿ™‚

19. Oh it looks fantastic!! Girl you totally have to link up this post to the bookcase to showcase linky party. I love your toile and ever since I saw Emily’s black cabinets from Chatting at the Sky I too have been eye balling my kitchen cabinets. You are a brave lady to take this on. Great job!! You must feel so good when you walk into your kitchen.

Jennifer

20. I love it! Way to persevere.

I double dog dare you to paint your potholder red. I think that would look AMAZING!

21. GREAT JOB!!!
    Isnt it a great feeling accomplishing something like that.
    Looks so nice, and sooooo different that the befores..
    Lisa
    coastalnest

22. What a transformation!!! It looks terrific! Hey I’m a Houston area girl, too!!!

Suzanne

23. It’s lovely! You did a great job. There is nothing like the satisfaction of knowing you DID it!!
    -Shannan

24. Andrea @ Big Creek Cottage says:

Your kitchen looks amazing…..you did it! Now, I have to do it….thank you for the inspiration….

25. Mrs. Petrie says:

Wow! You gave your kitchen a new life. I am so ready to paint my cabinets after reading your post!

26. newlyweds says:

Great job, I love the dark cabinets!

27. Came over from Chatting at the Sky! Your kitchen makeover is incredible!! Love the new look :)!

28. Shilo says:

Visiting from Chatting at the Sky! Love the new makeover…truly amazing.

29. I bet you never want to leave the kitchen, right? The cabinets look amazing! Everything looks amazing! Loving the pot rack–is that candles on the corners? Very cool!
    Have a great weekend.
    ~Misti

30. I never would have imagined how great that would look! Great job!

31. Rachel says:

Visiting from Chatting at the Sky… Your cabinets are fantastic! Wonderful job :o)

Have a Happy Day!
    ~Rachel

32. heresmycuplord says:

WOW! Those changes really do make a difference! Looks great!

Ginger

33. heather says:

Your kitchen looks beautiful! I love the black and toile too cute! Way to go.

34. Becki says:

Wow, that is fantastic! I love the idea of putting the bookshelf behind the island. I never would have thought of that but I may just do the same. Great idea! Thanks for sharing your kitchen. Becki

35. Amber says:

I found your makeover from Emily’s blog. Fantastic! The black cabinets pop and make a bold statement! They look great!!! Which painting technique did you use?

36. Beautiful! You had all the right implements set out before you to make this work! Light floors and countertops.

It really looks amazing.

I agree. How about abit more of a tutorial on how you went about it? And how are you liking it now that it’s done?

Donna @
    Funky Junk Interiors

37. duchess says:

Wow! That looks great. Kudos to everyone involved.
    Can’t wait to see how the fireplace turns out.

38. Chris says:

What a transformation! It looks absolutely amazing! Your hard work (and it DOES look like a lot of work) really paid off!

39. Kat says:

Visiting via Emily at Chatting at the Sky. I. love. it. I love it, I love it. Not just the cabinets, but the color of the walls, the window treatments, everything. I love it.

40. Sara says:

Looks maaaaavelous!

41. I am completely blown away!!! I love the paint color you used on the walls. It is a perfect compliment to the cabinets. Care to share the name and brand?

42. TidyMom says:

Amanda it looks AWESOME!! I bet you just smile every time you walk into it!!

Your window treatments – did you buy them or make them? that’s what I want to put up in my kitchen

GREAT job!

~TidyMom

43. Christina says:

Truly amazing job. I know this takes alot of work and time, which is why I’ve never tried it, but now you have a “new” kitchen. Spectacular!

44. Anonymous says:

FABULOUS!! I have to ask as I am closing on my new house that has pinkish cabinets. Since the kitchen is smaller in size I’ve decided to go with a creamy color. Question is, did you paint/roller the cabinets or spray paint? I am terrified as I only have one month to remodel kitchen before moving in. Any advice is so greatly appreciated.

Dana
    dmt1993(at)hotmail.com

45. Emily@remodelingthislife says:

It’s really beautiful! Black cabinets are taking over blogland!

46. I just popped over from Emily at Chatting at the Sky and I LOVE the new look! WOW WOW WOW!

It’s amazing what a huge difference it makes. I’ve toyed around with the idea of painting my cabinets black but am afraid….

Yours is inspiring me! ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great day!

47. Alicia says:

You did a fantastic job! Your kitchen looks amazing.

48. Frugal Jen says:

Beautiful! The cabinets are great!

49. Mrs. Petrie says:

It looks so amazing! Your in-laws must have helped a lot, but of course the vision was clearly yours. Congrats!

50. Jadehollow says:

Wow Amanda .. I really love it.. Great Job! Love the new colors.. can’t wait to see the new mocha walls and fireplace.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Debbie

51. You know I love it! But I’ll say it again! I love it! Great job and thanks for including it in the Round-Up. It’s very inspiring to see what you’ve done!

Tim

52. Kristi says:

Looks so great! Your stove hood would look great painted bushed nickel color.

53. Tami says:

Really pretty! So many people are going with white cabinets right now that it is refreshing to see a nice dark stain!

54. Anonymous says:

You must be soooo pleased. Every thing looks great and professional!

Dee

55. Lauren says:

you rock my socks sissy. ๐Ÿ™‚

and p.s. you’re so like famous now.

56. I would love to know what method you used for your cabinets. I want to do my kitchen, but still a little scared. Please email me if you don’t mind.

pollystratton(at)comcast.net

57. I can’t believe I never saw this. It HAD to have been featured it is just too amazing. Thanks so much for sending me the link. I LOVE it! And I love your toile. I’m thinking of doing something similar :). Yay! I’m excited to get painting!!