Hammered metal

Ok people you HAVE got to try this stuff! Its called Hammered by Rust-Oleum in Black. They have it in silver and bronze too.

I picked up this chandelier at Home Depot for $30 loved it- but hated the finish- it was a bronzy/brass color. Unfortunately I forgot to take a before picture- I know I know shame on me!! But here it is installed above my kitchen table. This spray paint totally changed the look. I have seen similar ones in Pottery Barn & Ballard Designs for over $200.

13 thoughts on “Hammered metal”

1. Wow, I am impressed!!!

Suzanne

2. I’m looking in my kitchen at an ugly brass lamp as I write this. Later today it will be a lovely shade of black thanks to you!

3. Lisa says:

I can’t believe that thing was ever brass… it looks like it was meant to be that color! That is FABULOUS!

4. Vivienne says:

Beautiful! I love your window treatments too.

5. june@craftyniche says:

That’s beautiful!

6. Carmen says:

I so want this! Love it! I also love your window treatments. Pretty!

7. Just beautiful. Ditto on the window treatments. Are they nester inspired?
    Kathleen

8. Dede Warren says:

That spray paint is the best, isn’t it!?

I had a can my son had used on kit cars. Well I wanted to update our kitchen drawer pulls. My husband and I weren’t lovin’ the look on the can, until we used it! We went and picked up two more cans and are now using it on all the door knobs in our rented house. Cheaper than replacing them, and we have a landlord that doesn’t mind a bit.

9. Mrs. Petrie says:

That looks amazing. The black paint is so dramatic.

10. That is a beautiful light. It is unbelievable that you paid only 30 dollars for that light!

11. Hi Amanda,
    This is my 1st visit to your blog. I am visiting via The Nester’s party. Love everything about this room, very pretty. Thanks for sharing about the spray paint. I am thinking it might work on some fuggly shiny brass handles that could use some sprucing up. ~Cathy~

12. Looks amazing! Can’t wait to see it in person!

13. That is one rockin chandy! Love, love, love it. Was $30 the regular price or was it clearanced?