Things we dont want others to see

As I was reading around in blog land today- I went to my daily blogs and Kimba’s at A Soft Place to Land stopped me in my tracks! See I too suffer from looking good on the outside to others but on the inside-umm not so much. I admit there are days I read all the great home decor blogs and turn around and look at all the “needs” to be done and the depression is overwhelming. I constantly compare my home to the other bloggy homes out there. Then today it hit me- we are ALL the same- (at least Im hoping we are) We are all striving to make our homes beautiful to the outside world but in the day in and day out-we are not a picture of perfection. This is so true of our spiritual lives too-we go to church, sing our praises, smile real big, but on the inside we are all still a “work in progress”. I am so truly grateful that God loves me right where I am at, but loves me enough not to leave me there.

Here are the beautiful things YOU see.

and here is what you dont see…… the REAL day to day Eck Life. Will you still love me? accept me? I sure hope so, but even if you don’t- I serve a God who does!

ยซ
ยป

8 thoughts on “Things we dont want others to see”

1. Kimba says:

I adore you! Thank you for sharing your mess.

Kimba

2. ChrissyK says:

Now you are looking more like a human, normal with a spice of creativity.

3. Lauren says:

Oh you know you went over to my house and took those “messy” pictures and called them your own. ๐Ÿ˜‰

4. Miss Mouthy says:

I like you even more! It helps to think, hey, if she has a stash like that, maybe I could have something pretty!

5. Yum Yucky says:

I’m so glad you posted this. I like people that are real instead of “faking the funk”, ya know?

I spent all last week reorganizing the little one’s room, but at the expense of neglecting my own. Now I don’t feel so terrible about it.

…and it sounds like we serve the same God!

6. TidyMom says:

Great post. Maybe once a month or so we all need to post our “not so perfect homes” just a peek into “keeping it real” – because you’re right, we ALL have them!!

~TidyMom

7. Ahhh there is SUCH a need for the ministry of mediocrity…meaning we all need to let our hair down every once in a while.

That being said, I DO have some significant tackle projects I still need to do ๐Ÿ™‚

8. such a humble post. you’re great amanda!