Faux Vintage Grain Sack Pillows

DIY Day @ ASPTL

I have seen these amazing grain sack pillows in snazy boutiques and loved them. Of course they come with a hefty price tag-and you know me-hefty price tags send me to thinking how I can DIY-it. I used this awesome nubby-texture-ish (yes that is a word) fabric that I got at a garage sale for $1, and I also had some muslin-like fabric from Hobby Lobby.

Throw in some fun stencils, black paint, hot glue gun and you get this….. faux French, Oui? (and if you look closely I smeared some black on one of them-oh well, the mishaps of DIY)

and while I had my glue gun out- I whipped up this magnetic picture frame-thingy for my fridge-

(of which I totally copied from a dear friend) for complete instructions you will have to visit her here.

15 thoughts on “Faux Vintage Grain Sack Pillows”

1. Looking good girl!

Have you seen The Inspired Room’s giveaway today? Amazing.

2. Lauren @ Team Giles says:

OK Martha Stewart, get your booty to my house and help me. you don’t want to known as the sister of a sister with a boring decorated house, now do you?

3. Tiffany says:

Love the picture frame magnet thingy for your fridge. So cute! Looks great!

4. Lynn says:

the pillows turned out great … very french country. like your blog.

5. Amanda! I love these pillows! You did such a great job. I would have never thought to use spray paint for stenciling. You are brilliant. you know I have often said spray paint is a woman’s favorite power tool!!!! hahahaha. Great post.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

6. Crystal says:

Love the pillows and that magnetic board is fab!

I have a poll up on my blog about my BIGGEST decor dilemma. Come on over and vote, I need all the help I can get!

7. Inspired Comblogulations says:

I have been thinking of doing the same thing…so I thought I will google it and up you popped. Wonderful job.

8. Inspired Comblogulations says:

I was thinking of doing the same thing. Your smart missy. Loved them.

9. Those turned out super cute! I love the stencils! ~Ashley~ shanty2chic

10. The stencils are really cute. Good job.

11. Grits414 says:

Both are fabulous!!!

12. Jonson says:

Those pillows are great.
    Thank you for share.

13. Anonymous says:

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

14. Anonymous says:

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

15. Anonymous says:

Well I acquiesce in but I think the post should prepare more info then it has.