Painting the Pumpkins White

*THIS IS A REPOST FROM LAST YEAR*
I only wish I already had my fall decor out!! But I am working on it. This is just for some fall inspiration! Im linking up with Thrifty Decor Chic for some more fall-fallie-ness.

You know the song in Alice in Wonderland- Painting the Roses Red? Well if Alice can paint the roses red- I can paint the pumpkins white. Dont get me wrong- I still adore the warm yummy oranges and russet colored pumpkins-but there is something about the creamy vanilla white that just makes me happy AND it goes with any decor. So with a little Primer

and a can of that oh so wonderful Heirloom White that EVERYONE is talking about in blog-land (if you dont have a can-run-dont walk and get you one).

In my excitement I forgot to take the before pictures but you get the idea.

So now instead of buying the “white” funkin-faux pumpkins- I think Im just going to spray paint my old orange ones instead- they have faded since being out in the sun anyway.

ยซ
ยป

15 thoughts on “Painting the Pumpkins White”

1. Heidi says:

wow, those look great. Have you seen the tutorial (I think on DIY show off) for the mercury pumpkins? I’m going to try it, and I think I’ll paint a few white while I’m at it! I heart spray paint!

2. ChrissyK says:

Ok, here is what I decided. Since I KNOW you LOVE to spray paint things. And I KNOW that I wont be able to do as good of a job as you do. I am gonna nominate you to do ALL my spray painting. :o) Sound Good????
    Hehe

Your house is looking great!

3. arkie says:

I love how that looks! Great idea to freshen up old fall decor!

4. Hi Amanda,
    Thank you for sharing this fantastic idea! I will be borrowing it from you, it is a good one.
    enjoy your weekend,
    Cathy

5. I hope you will come over and post this to todays party The Knock Off Knock Out and the Wed party Celebrating the Holidays.
    They look great.

My blog has been growing so rapidly that I haven’t had time to get over for visits, but I was missing all my blog friends and wanted to take some time to come over and see what everyone was creating and say Hi and invite you over for a visit as well.
    Cheri
    itssoverycheri.blogspot.com

6. Pam says:

Love, love, love these!! I have some expensive white butternut squashes from Crate&Barrel, but these look just like them! Gotta try this!

7. Kimba says:

I love them white! They look fantastic!

8. queenbee says:

Love the white pumpkins, I may have to give that a try.

9. So creamy & beautiful. I’m going to have to paint some too.

10. Victoria says:

Pretty, pretty! I just painted a GW orange pumpkin white the other day. Now I’m going to have to look for gourds. ๐Ÿ™‚

11. I love the look of white pumpkins. I did the same with some last year. I have a recent post on my blog of some of my Fall decorations and you can see my white pumpkins that I did and used some colored leaves on them and some raffia. I believe it was a Pottery Barn picture that I had last year as inspiration and mine turned out looking exactly like theirs. I love your blog.

12. Wendy says:

They look fabulous white!

13. Be sure to come by tonight around 9pm (Eastern time) for the announcement so you don’t miss out. I promise-it good-really really good.
    Cheri
    itssoverucheri.blogspot.com

14. Great idea!!! They look so pretty on your table! I HAVE to get some fall decor going in here. Can I decorate with cookies? ๐Ÿ˜‰