Holiday home tour

My garden urn with a little Christmas bling sits right by the front door

My small downstairs guest bathroom with my Paris-inspired tree

My tomato cage tree in the entry

Staircase

My $10 garage sale mirror gets some bling with a napkin ring, boxwood garland and a “JOY” ornament

My Pottery-Barn inspired coffee table piece. I used Reindeer Moss, 3 large chunky candles, and mercury glass balls and small silver balls set inside a large basket- total cost was under $25-the Pottery Barn version-not including a basket- $60!

My tree! all 12 feet of it. It is soooo hard to photograph this thing-it does look grand in person-and EVERY year I complain about how hard it is to put up and decorate and EVERY year once its up-I LOVE it.

Entry Niche- I usually go all out with tons of “stuff” here-but this year I went with the “less” is more feel. Greenery stuffed in an urn, sparkle-blingy picks (yes that is a word) and a small mirror ornament.

My handmade stocking-dont look too close you’ll see all my boo-boos!

Some bling to the lampshade

My feather tree from DaySpring that I heard about from Nester. I bought the “Happy Birthday Jesus” ornament set too- LOVE LOVE

my Pottery Barn table thing again

My couch with her NEW slip cover-LOVE LOVE and oh that little black pillow with snowflakes? yea-its a placemat from Tar-jay made into a pillow!!

Top of my refrigerator- My candy-cane centerpiece I used from my Tea party, little Gingerbread people and a candle wrapped in yummy chocolate brown ribbon.

My Gingerbread house I made-and dont look too close cuz the roof is caving in-really!!

My glass jars filled with cookie ornaments and marshmellows!

Dining room table

Tree branches from the back yard stuffed into an after Christmas sale urn, some greenery and glittered leaf ornaments. simple, yet elegant (I sound like an HGTV host)

My little tree with my $1 “Believe” and “Faith” signs from Michaels

I gathered all my silver and added candles to my garage sale buffet.

And that completes the inside home tour- well there is my bedroom with my brown & blue tree-but I didnt make the bed or put away the laundry so Im not letting you in there! you might not come out-its pretty bad!

Im linking this to some fun Holiday Home Tour Blogs

Southern Hospitality

The Nester

Melissa at The Inspired Room

Thrifty Decor Chic

45 thoughts on “Holiday home tour”

1. Kristen says:

Beautiful (and even more so in person!)

Hey-would you email me when The Inspired Room/South. Hospitality are having their tours? Couldn’t find them…

2. I love all the Black and white check. Ans the marshmallow’s in the glass jars. Too cute!

3. Nancy says:

Everything is very pretty. Looks homey and cozy!

Nancy

4. Shelia says:

What a beautiful home you have and I’ve so enjoyed looking at all of your pretty Christmas decorating! Love your black and white checks all around.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia 😉

5. Amanda says:

The black and white theme is fantastic. And your paris tree…so chic!

Hope that you have a great holiday!

If you get a chance, stop by my blog today and enter my children’s Christmas book giveaway.
    smallhomebigstart.blogspot.com/2009/12/gift-ideas-for-kids-gift-of-reading.html

6. Rue says:

I love your black and white theme!! Your home is beautifully decorated and I’m so stealing your marshmallow idea :)

rue

7. Pat@Back Porch Musings says:

Hello Amanda!
    Thanks so much for stopping by the Back Porch.

Your Christmas home is beautiful. I love how you used the black and white.

The dining room paint color is Sherwin Williams Interesting Aqua. I would love to know when you paint your room and see the photos.

Merry Christmas!

8. I love our glass jars with the marshmallows and the cookies. Is that sad that I am always drawn to the food?!?

I agree with Kristen; it’s even more beautiful in person!♥

9. Merrie says:

So pretty! Umm, I’m stealing the marshmallows in the jar idea now. And your black checked bows on the garland…my entry way has black and white tile and I have been stewing all week about white kind of bows to put on the garland.

Hope I can find some!

Your home is beautiful.

10. Bobbie says:

You do good work. Beautiful!

11. Just Breathe says:

Your displays are so creative. Love the black & white decorations.
    Merry Christmas

12. Nicole says:

Beautiful…love the black and white ribbons…

13. LOVE the black & white!!!

You have a lovely holiday home!!

Christmas blessings!
    Melissa

14. Your home is just beautiful. May many wonderful Christmas memories be made within its walls.

Our home is having an old fashioned handmade Christmas this year. I hope you will stop by.

15. Heather says:

I love your front door!! Gorgeous!! I love the black and white ribbon you use!! Great job! Merry Christmas!

16. texasdaisey says:

Oh wow. What beautiful decorations. I love all the mercury glass and silver glitter! The black and white check is a great touch too.
    Debbie

17. Beautiful Amanda! I love the placemat pillow, I’ve seen that line at Target and didn’t think I had a use for anything, but I’d loooove a pillow! Thanks for the idea.

18. Jessica says:

Love all your decor!

19. Carmen says:

Everything is beautiful!!! I love your coffee table arrangement. And all of the silver touches. Fab!

20. Amanda says:

I love the marshmallow idea and am totally going to copy it! I have a hot chocolate station set up on my baker’s rack and this will be a wonderful addition. Thanks for the great idea!

21. Heather says:

I like your candy-cane centerpiece atop your frig. Merry Christmas!

22. Briana says:

I love all of your black and white decor! Your home looks great! Merry Christmas!

23. All the touches of black and white are very glamorous! Beautiful job.

You’re invited to see my home too. Come by soon!

Thanks for showing us around.
    Merry Christmas!

24. Everything looks so goreous!! Great job!

25. Jessica says:

BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!

26. I have never seen a black and white Christmas before. I really like it! Great job, your home looks wonderful.
    Have a great time.

27. K Mommy says:

love the black and white! So original!

28. {lauren} says:

Pretty pretty! Love the black and white:) I’ve been meaning to do the marshmellows in jars too…thanks for reminding me about that!

29. Everything is simply awesome! But I really love the jars filled with cookies and marshmallows! love em.

30. Elaine A. says:

Your dining table looks so good, as does the whole room. And I love your take on the Pottery Barn centerpiece! Great job. Merry Christmas to you! : )

31. Gabby says:

The feather tree is heaven!

32. Aura says:

I love love love the black, white, and silver theme! Your house is GORGEOUS! So elegant. Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, and have a wonderful Christmas!

33. I love it all! You’ve done a great job!

34. Lacey says:

Love the black and white…looks so sophisticated.

35. I’m loving that black & white ribbon! Festive doesn’t have to be red and green – right?!

36. Viki says:

I love how you’ve incorporated the black and white. Makes it very chic looking. Very beautiful decorations.

37. Stephanie says:

love all the mercury glass!

38. I adore that garden urn display! So many beautiful touches, Amanda!

Amy

39. Ruth says:

I love it. Your color theme is great! The feather tree is so awesome and my favorite is your Pottery Barn inspired piece. It looks fantastic.

Ruth

40. Girly Stuff says:

I sympathize with your big Christmas tree issues!

Everything is beautiful!

41. Shelby says:

Very pretty and unique!!!

42. Courtney says:

Your house is beautiful!

43. beautyinallthings says:

So beautiful! I love the cookie ornaments! I am stopping in from Nester’s Place. To see my tour click on the ‘Christmas 2009′ Tag on in the left sidebar!

44. Theresa says:

What a great house I love all of your ideas. Have a Merrry Christmas.

45. Lily says:

Oooh I have tree envy! You have a beautifully decorated home, lots of great ideas to “borrow”.