Dining in Blue

Today Im participating in Roomspiration over at Involving Color.  Head on over to see home lovely dining rooms.

I have finally gotten around to posting the dining room pictures.  Why its taken me so long- I have no answer for you.  I have to admit Im running out of my blogging mojo.  But enough of my blogging brain fog- here’s the long awaited  dining room re-do.

BEFORE:100_9144

100_8127

I served myself up a nice plate of blue color choices:
100_9170

Color choices on the wall: this was over $50 in paint samples

100_9149

But in the end it was well worth it!

AFTER:

Its really hard to get a good picture of the stripe effect.  Its the same paint color just one is in a flat and the other is in a semi-gloss.
100_9164

100_9168

Paint: Benjamin Moore: Wedgewood Gray in Flat & Semi-Gloss
Chandelier: OverStock.com
Lamps: HomeGoods
Buffet: Dresser from GoodWill that received a little makeover
Mirror: Sams Club (bought it over 15 years ago and it still looks good)
Dining Table: Wedding gift many,many, many years ago
Dining Chairs: Restoration Hardware
Rug: HomeGoods
Dog: Our little Westie McKenzie

24 thoughts on “Dining in Blue”

1. Amanda, I love, love it! Glad you finally got the right blue for you. You’re so right, they are very hard to pick. Ask me how I know that? Great job on the space, it looks fab. SO glad you got rid of that red, just like i”m glad mine is GONE. Your space looks so fresh & clean now.

2. Oh, I loved it before, but it’s so pretty and airy and light now….I love it, too! You have a knack, my dear!

3. That is a beautiful blue! What color did you end up going with? I’m planning on painting our master blue this year… so I’m collecting data.

4. ChrissyK says:

Looks GREAT and very fresh!!! LOVE IT!!!!

5. Amanda, Love your new color. So refreshing! I got rid of my red dining room too and the lighter color feels great.

6. Katrina says:

I love the new color! It looks so fresh and calming. Very beautiful.

7. Cate O'Malley says:

Love how the blue brightens everything up – love the stripes too!

8. The blue is gorgeous! Whatever it took to get you there, it was worth it. 😉 Great job on the entire room! It looks like a whole new house.

9. WHT A LOVELY SITE,I ENJOYED SO MUCH READ SUM OF THE POSTS,CONGRATS.A GREAT WEEKEND(=^▽^=)

10. Cindy says:

Your dining room is really beautiful. I love the shade of blue that you found, it’s not too bright or dark. Your dark furniture looks wonderful with it, too.
    I found a tea latte recipe of yours last year at about this time and I decided to make it this morning and when I went looking for the recipe I decided to look at the rest of your blog. I’m glad I did. Hugs, cindy s

11. Janean says:

i adore red, but the *after* is a million times better. you feel like you can breath and relax. great makeover.

12. Emily says:

I love it! Your dining room was beautiful to begin with, but the blues really lighten it up!

13. Courtney says:

Hi Amanda!!! had to come check out your stripes! they look great! thanks for popping in on my blog today!! you are so talented and happy to have found your blog!

14. Unknown says:

This is just beautiful. I don’t even like blue but you have converted me!!

15. Kacey says:

Beautiful makeover! Love the way it all came together.

16. Sandra says:

I just found your blog and so glad I did. I love the DR color – soothing and calm. We have the exact same chairs…if you get a chance, stop by my blog and check them out.

How do I follow you? I didn’t see a “follow me” button…but I am on my phone…will keep looking.

Love your dining room colors!

17. Thank you for this! I am so excited to see a big room especially a dining room in this color. I asked Rhoda at Southern Hospitality what color she used in one of her bathrooms and she told me it was Wedgewood Blue. And I have a burgundy dining room right now that I want to update with a shade of blue. Thanks for helping me make my decision. Your dining room looks perfect!

18. Jean @ Flower Hillwww.flowerhilldesigncompany.blogspot.com says:

Beautiful!

19. Christine-EastCoastSuburbanite says:

love how relaxing your color palette is. Beautiful job. Thanks for sharing.

20. Jenny @ DIY Newlyweds says:

I love the colors you chose, the room looks very elegant!

21. Amanda, your dining room is beautiful and I love the blue! We went through a ton of blue paint samples for ours as well. I love the idea to go with flat and semi gloss to make stripes. Thanks so much for linking up to Roomspiration!

22. Judy says:

WOW…what a difference. My dining room currently is a dark red/burgundy color. I have similar tone furniture and I just adore your transformation. So much lighter and brighter and just plain calmer. Saw your dining room posted over at Roomspiration.

23. Hi Amanda! I found your dining room from the Roomspiration party!

Wow, it is just gorg!! Such a drastic change from the red 🙂

I’m actually considering purchasing the chandelier you have (you can see my top 3 list from O.com here, theformermiss.wordpress.com/2011/09/28/dining-room-chandelier-dilemma/). It looks amazing in your space – is it very sparkly in person!??

24. Oh my gosh I am IN LOVE with your gorgeous dining room!!! LOVE the paint color and effect and the whitewashed furniture, chandelier, everything!!!! Would love for you to come share this at Feathered Nest Friday sometime!!