The evolution of a laundry room

3 years ago I did a major laundry room makeover- you can see it here.  But since then it has been through some major “tweeking”.  I was soooo over the bright yellow- I am in a blue phase right now so I decided to paint it with Restoration Hardwares Light Silver Sage.  I have to admit it is a bit too “blue” for me-but I was hoping for a more muted blue.  Here is the before-before

And here is the After- 1st Makeover

Better-but WAY too bright.  It was at least clean and organized.

And now here it is today- updated paint, black and white damask wallpaper, and a chandelier!  ALL laundry rooms should have a chandelier!!  You can at least “feel” elegant while doing the “dirty work”.

Participating in Roomspiration at The Mustard Ceiling

15 thoughts on “The evolution of a laundry room”

1. Melanie says:

WOW WOW WOW! I’m speechless right now at your transformation! I can’t believe that is just in a laundry room. I want my bedroom to look like that!

2. Cheryl says:

just beautiful amanda…great job!

3. Deb says:

I might not mind doing laundry if mine was this cute…great job!

4. Lisa says:

Okay now I want your laundry room! Gorgeous!!!

5. Chris says:

I cannot get over this room! Every single corner is charming and clever. What a great transformation!

6. ohanamama@att.net says:

What brand and color paint did you use? This looks like the exact color I want for my beach cottage inspired bedroom. Please help, I’ve got 4 different color samples on my walls and I can’t get the color right 🙂

7. Artsy VaVa says:

I love your laundry room! You have inspired me to get mine organized!!!

8. Mallory says:

Wow! I love it! What a great room! I love the “Drop your pants” sign. Hilarious! I might need to make one of those!

9. Shan says:

This is wonderful! The Roomspiration party has gorgeous Laundry Rooms linked up! I love that! We spend a lot of time in this room, we should enjoy it, right?! 🙂 LOVE it!!!

10. elizabeth@themustardceiling says:

Beautiful job Amanda! Transforming from the yellow to a soft blue makes a huge difference. The blue is so fresh and I love the black and white paired with it.

Thanks for linking up to the Roomspiration party!

11. Angie says:

I love your laundry room!
    I just wanted to ask, I hope you don’t mind me being nosy, but where did you get the bench and the coordinating shelf unit?
    I just moved in my new home a few months ago and I need to get the ball on the road with decorating, my house is so plain…I love the blue you chose as well!
    Great job 🙂

12. Anonymous says:

Do you mind me asking where you found your chandelier? I just redecorated my laundry room, and this is just what I need! Thank you! Your laundry room is beautiful!

13. Morgan says:

I posted about your laundry room makeover yesterday, mainly about your bench. I linked up to your site so others can check out your full makeover.

missdiymonster.blogspot.com/2012/05/pinspiration.html