Master Bedroom is DONE (well almost)

I just cant stop “tweaking”.  I am going to officially say the Master bedroom is done-(well except for flooring-Im craving some dark wide-plank-hand-scraped hardwood *sigh*)

So 1st off here’s the breakdown of how this room has evolved:
Year 1:  bright white-builder ugly walls-black bedding-no furniture-newly married-oh my gosh we own a home look.  (sorry dont have pics)

Years 2-4:  Ok lets get some color on those walls- ooooo how bout yellow? ya thats it-bright-gawd-awful burn your eyes yellow-oooo and lets add some red floral crazy pattern valances-oooo thats nice (ok so this was in my “Tuscan” decor days)  (again no pics)

Years 4-8: So OVER the yellow.  Lets warm it up-mmmmm Chocolate!!! and blue!! yea-cuz everybody’s doing it- its chocolate and brown EVERYWHERE.  So the walls got painted SW Toasted (and to be honest its still a VERY yummy color if your looking for a nice warm brown)  I painted, sewed curtains, made a duvet, sewed a bedskirt, etc. etc)  We LOVED it- and lived with it for many years.

And here it is after I “lightened” up.  The walls are Restoration Hardwares Cappuccino.  I made another duvet and recovered the headboard in a lighter fabric. On a side note-covering a headboard in silk fabric is a DIY disaster -I lived with the blue silk for a while but the puckering drove me nuts!!  The creamy velvet/suede is sooo much better.
(be warned Im about to post WAY too many pictures of this room- kinda like those proud parents who post a bazillion pictures of their little chubby, drooling baby)

Chairs are from The Foundary and the rug is from Joss & Main
The little silver table is a Target find, the nightstands are from Bombay Co. (remember that store) Im really looking for new ones-but those will do for now.

This room is now so restful! and truly a place of peace-why oh why do we wait to decorate our bedrooms.  They seem to be the one room we leave for last when it really should be the 1st.

Linking up to:
A Brooklyn Limestone– (Real Room Linky Party)

A Touch Of Gray

21 thoughts on “Master Bedroom is DONE (well almost)”

1. Such an elegant lovely room!

2. Tammy says:

It’s so beautifully put together!!

3. Gorgeous!! Love the colors and how peaceful its looks. Great job!!

4. Beautiful!! That mirror is fantastic! And the headboard is gorgeous — great job!!

5. You did a great job in your master bedroom.
    I popped over here from another blog.
    I hope you are having an amazing weekend.

Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting

6. Whoa. that looks like it came straight out of a magazine! Gorgeous, my friend!

7. Leslie says:

This is stunning–it took my breath away–all of it.
    You left no area un-tweaked!
    Your chubby baby is gorgeous!
    SO cozy!
    HUGS and blessings to you!

8. WOW! Another beautiful room, Amanda! You did a fabulous job – I love all the colors you used and how the paint lightened up the whole room. Absolutely beautiful. Another one I’d love to feature! :)

9. Love the redo! Im drooling over your head board!

10. The room is gorgeous and I so agree with your statement about why do we wait to do our bedrooms last.

11. Anonymous says:

BEAUTIFUL! Your bedspread is exactly what I’m looking for! Where did you find it? Thanks!

12. a' la mode says:

I think you did a beautiful job and I would LOVE to share =) xoxo shel

13. Sandra says:

We have the same dining room chairs and I almost bought these night stands — they were on sale for $299 @ Dillard’s in Texas. I am so glad I waited b/c I found a night stand at Restoration Hardware for $100! Check it out when you have some time.

I love your bedroom, love the colors, it’s beautiful.

14. Turned out spectac!!! I absolutely adore the mirrored end tables. I wish I could get my fiance to buy into liking them!

15. GORGEOUS! I love the lightened look. Those windows and the sitting area are so lovely! And everyone knows I love a good mirrored piece… fabulous night stands! SO glad you joined Roomspiration blog hop today!

16. elizabeth@themustardceiling says:

Such a pretty, relaxing space Amanda. I like the cream, blue colorscheme with soft touches of silver. Beautiful job.

17. This is absolutely gorgeous! Indeed it is very very peaceful! I also love the vignette:)

18. Awesome job! I love the headboard. It’s fun to see the stages of the room.

19. says:

Great bedroom! And the nightstands… I absolutely love them! I wish we had such mirrored pieces here in Greece. I would certainly buy them!

20. I think we all can relate to your DONE (almost) statement … in fact I think I said virtually the same in my roomspiration post!

Your room is a gorgeous retreat and I have starburst mirror and white chairs w/ nailhead trim envy,

And I couldn’t agree with you more about why we often put **our most personal space** in **our home** last to be decorated … really, how many times is the formal dining room used each year vs how many times the master bedroom is used?

Thanks for sharing

21. Mackenzie says:

I LOVE your master! It’s gorgeous, glam, and restful and has several elements that remind me of mine, including the upholstered tufted headboard, the sunburst mirror over the bed, and the crystal lamps. One thing I am on the hunt for currently is mirrored nightstands/chests just like the ones you’ve got–in fact, I like yours much better than the Horchow ones I was lusting after! I think I saw in a recent post that you were upgrading your nightstands, so if you’re ever interested in selling your old ones, I would buy them in a heartbeat! :)