I LOVE that word! Mom Cave.  I first heard it from a HomeGoods commercial.  And thought to myself-hmmm thats what I need.  Our guest bedroom was quite the eyesore.  Yes it had a bed for guest and yes the walls were at least painted but thats where it stopped.  It mostly had become my dumping ground to hide my excessive garge-sale-going-excursions. (to which I have slowed down quite a bit).

I am a new convert of gray!  I love gray/grey (however you like to spell it).  Its such an amazing color- it can be warm, cool, neutral, masculine, feminine…its quite a versatile color.  So 1st up gray walls! accented with white & a punch of yellow.

Linking to:

Wall Color: SW Colonial Revival Gray
Dresser: Painted w/ Rustoleum’s Auto Paint in Gray distressed w/ walnut gel stain
Sewing table: Painted w/ Rustoleums gloss white
Chair recover project here
Inspiration Board project here

32 thoughts on “THE MOM CAVE”

1. Kristen says:

Love this room! Especially the inspiration board, dresser and curtains! Great work!

2. Angeline says:

Wow! Great Mom cave! The pop of yellow, the brass-colored lamp and the black desktop- the wall color – love it!

3. Great “Cave”! I need one…you are so creative…FYI, loving that blue/gray chest!

4. Pam says:

What a beautiful place to work! I love the colors, love that bulletin board, and love the dresser. Great job!

5. I want a cave like this!! It’s so pretty!

6. I love the gray and yellow combination!
    My local paper did a feature story on my “Mom Cave” last month, it brought me lots of publicity. You can get a peek at it on my blog.
    Thank you Elaine Griffin of NYC for creating the concept with Home Goods.
    We all need and deserve a “Mom Cave”!

7. Oooooooh, I love it! You did a great job!

8. Beautiful space – hardly a “cave”! Love it!

9. Erin S. says:

I love the idea of a “mom cave” and you’ve interpreted it perfectly. What a fun spot to create and craft! This is the first time I’ve visited your blog, but I am going to be coming back :). Thanks for posting this. I’m visiting from Serenity Now.

10. I’m in the process of creating my “mom cave”, too … my husband has a “man cave” out in our barn loft, so I figure I deserve a “mom cave”, too! :-)
    I LOVE your space – it looks awesome! The yellow curtains are my favorite. :-)

11. Love it! There are so many things I love in your mom cave!
    The ruffle pillow, glass nobs on the desk, white frame, etc.
    I’m a new follower from the hop! Glad I hopped by! Hope you can hop by and visit my blog too!

12. Mrs. DeVore says:

This is stunning! What a beautiful transformation! I love those curtains!

13. Wow! I love the look of this room! It’s amazing. I love that white mirror, both chairs are fantastic and the bright yellow curtains make an amazing impact.

Very impressive! I bet it was fun for you to do this project.

Thanks for sharing.

Visiting from Amanda’s Weekend Bloggy Reading Party!

14. Hi, Amanda! I remember your blog from when it was called “The Eck Life.” Your Mom Cave is stunning! I am currently in love with the gray/yellow combo. The window treatments are lovely, and you have accessorized everything so nicely.

I featured your post today. Thank you for linking up with me! :)

15. Angela says:

What a great room! I really like the pop of yellow along with the wall color. Personally wishing I had that lamp and bulletin board!! Great to stop and visit today.

16. Angela says:

17. Angela says:

18. Michelle says:

I have been looking with awe through your rooms you really have a nack for decorating. I love your bedroom, laundry, wow wow wow. Off to have another browse through I just cant get enough 😉

19. Sallie says:

I love your Mom Cave! Especially like the bright yellow curtains against the gray walls.

20. Lisa says:

I want this room!! The color combination is so pretty, along with all the interesting details like the frame on the bulletin board and the curtains! Great job.

21. Ooh thanks for posting the paint color! I am about to turn our master bedroom into a gray/yellow theme and have been looking for the perfect gray. Found it! :)

22. Stephanie says:

I love the way you incorporated the mom cave with a guest bed, or at least I think that is what it is :) It just looks so inviting to sleep and or craft. Love what you did, it really is beautiful. Saw you feature on Serenitynow

23. Where did you get those curtains? I think I need them…

24. Oh, wow Amanda! Love it, all the details, and those CURTAINS! This is so going into caught my eye file :)

25. COmeetsNE says:

LOVE IT! This is exactly what I was looking for :) Thank you for sharing! Love the colors too.

26. Wow! Love it. I need a mom cave!!!

27. Brandy says:

Yeah!! I want to come move into your Mom Cave!!! I want a room like this!!!!

28. Michelle says:

LOVE IT!! I also want to know where you got the curtains!!

29. woo hoo Amanda! This is my dream. To one day have a space all to my own. And such a beautiful one too! Hope the painting is going well (-:

30. Meghan says:

I am also wondering where you got those curtains, or the fabric for those curtains.

31. Anonymous says:

love the room, yellow curtains too but did u make the chandelier or buy it?

32. Mandy says:

love those yellow curtains….i so want a yellow and grey craft room. we are building a new house and i’m trying to decide on wall colors. thanks for listing yours. those curtains are super fab!!!