Impromptu Tea Party

So the other day I headed to the grocery store for some Orange Juice.  I made the mistake of walking through the floral section and stumbled across $5 orchids, and buckets full of fresh flowers for all under $6 a bundle!  So needless to say my $3 orange juice purchase ended in over $60 of goods.  But I was inspired-and I “had” to run with it (the line I told my hubby).

The pink roses, green bells of Ireland, and snapdragons prompted me to pull out my lovely Lady Carlyle China and set the table for tea.
(WARNING: lots of photos to follow )

Those Bells of Ireland are just amazing!

And this is me playing with the settings on my camera-ugh I so need a photography class-hey at least I ventured off of Auto.

Love this image with the blurred rose

And then I got bored and moved everything over to my GoodWill dresser

Ahhh liquid gold in a cup!

Ok so now who wants to come over and share a cup of tea and cookies with me?

12 thoughts on “Impromptu Tea Party”

1. Mrs. DeVore says:

I want to come to your tea party!! I love tea parties! Your china is beautiful!

2. Debbie~refreshrestyle.com says:

I wish, I could come over for tea! All your photos are gorgeous! I have almost the same Goodwill dresser, I got mine at a yard sale and I’m loving it!
    Tea and cookies please,
    Debbie

3. Tiffany @ Savor Home says:

Gosh I wish you were close by! I would be on my way over! Lovely photos and you know I love the flowers!

4. Desiree says:

Love all the photos! I wish I could come over. Everything looks great!

5. Shannon says:

I’m in! I love your china and those chargers are to die for. Great idea perching the tea pot on the candle stick? I can’t tell what it is, but it’s very creative. I blogged about you today if you want to check it out go to:
    anythingologyblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/3-lives-of-2-lamps.html

Your post makes me want to entertain! Thanks for the beautiful pics.

6. Marjorie says:

Look lovely. I LOVE your china!

7. LOVE your beautiful pink china!

8. emily says:

Beautiful all around! And your treats look so tasty!

9. I do!!! *me* Pick *me* I want to come over to your tea party!!!!

Everything is so pretty, and I think that Bells of Ireland make any and every arrangement beautiful. Love the roses, too.

Your china is stunning, and everything is so coordinated and pretty on your table.

*gorgeous post*

And I like all the photos!

xoxoxoxoxoo,
    Ricki Jill

10. natcalgal says:

I’d be there in a second!! SO beautiful and inviting. Makes me want to get out the china and create a lovely “tea table” for my bestest girlfriends! And just think…all this over a bunch of gorgeous bargain flowers! And, no warning needed over “lots of photos”, I loved them all!

11. Anonymous says:

Hi Amanda, everything is just beautiful. Love your china! Your pictures are lovely and not that you need it but if you are looking for a simply amazing book on photography that will teach you everything an intro photography class would (and it does it in plain old simple language) check out Bryan Peterson’s Understanding Exposure. I spent $300 on my first photgraphy class and could have gotten everything I needed out of this book for $15 bucks :-). I love your blog!!

12. Bloomin Rose says:

Pretty, pretty place setting/tablescape, flowers are gorgeous. Love your Lady Carlisle china.