You’ve come a long way baby…..

I was going through my old picture files the other day and ran across a picture of my dining & living room area.  WOW have they come a long way.  Its always been fun to look back at our old hair styles and clothes-but we forget our home “ages” too.  And hopefully for the better!

New Living Room wall color:  STONE by Restoration Hardware

New Dining Room wall color: WEDGEWOOD GRAY by Benjamin Moore
Participating in:

A Brookyln Limestone (Real Room Linky Party)

Weekend Bloggy Reading

29 thoughts on “You’ve come a long way baby…..”

1. you have done such a great job!!

2. Tiffany @ Savor Home says:

GORGEOUS!! I love the bright colors! And that rug in the living room is a stunner!

3. Marjorie says:

Looks great! I love the curtain rods in your living room. Where did you get them from?

4. Wow, Amanda, what changes these are! The new look is fantastic. I’m sure we’ll be looking back in 10 years & complain about what is IN now too though, it’s just the nature of design. :) You’re so talented!

5. Mrs. DeVore says:

Your house is SO beautiful! It’s crazy to see how much things change

6. Wow. Your style has really evolved and matured. I can only echo the other is stating the obvious, your home is gorgeous!

7. Shannon says:

Thanks for sharing the before. I like how you have brought a lightness and brightness and flow between the rooms. Its nice to see how your style has evolved and changed over time. I love the latest version, but I’m sure you aren’t done and will bring more change with time. That’s what makes design so fun. I never feel like I’m ever “done.”

8. Amanda says:

Amazing how much we change our style. I love your home so much, and I am so glad you love sharing it!!

9. Both rooms are so gorgeous!! They serve as wonderful inspiration for me as I am putting together rooms in our new house. I just love your style!!

10. I do believe I had the exact picture and candle ensemble above my couch but my couch was a very lovely mint green stripe (yeek). Your style has changed for the better, thanks for sharing.

11. Kerry Rossow says:

Wowzadoodle! I love the light fixture in your dining room! Everything is so light and cheery!
    Kerry at

12. What an amazing transformation!! We installed wainscoting in our dining room but the inspiration stopped there, you’ve totally motivated me to finish the job.

I’m visiting from Serenity Now, would love if you’d visit me at some time.

13. Donna says:

Lovely! I have been in my home now for 10 years. Over the last few months I have been making things brighter. I had way too much brown going on! I love your color scheme and that’s the look I am going for in my dining room. Thanks for sharing!

14. those are crazy-good befores and afters Amanda! wow- you have done a beautiful job in this room, it is just gorgeous!!

15. Amanda your rooms are GORGEOUS!!! Love the color on the walls, love all the furniture too. Stopping over from Serenity Now Link Party. Hope you’ll stop by my blog and say Hi too. :)

16. Terry says:

That is a crazy difference. I love the transformation,..the colours are so pretty.

17. Brown Paper Packages says:

Wow. Wow. Wow. Gorgeous!!!!

18. The transformation is amazing and gorgeous!

19. Stephanie says:

Seriously? That doesn’t even look like the same house! What a beautiful transformation, that wall color and furniture add such great lightness to the room, I love it!

20. Jessie says:

Your home is beautiful. Love the transformation and new look. It’s much lighter and fresher.

21. thismamathing says:

I love before and afters, and this is extraordinary! The wall color is gorgeous and happy. And is that a Westie I see under the dining room table? :)

22. emily says:

Wow! Your home is beautiful! And love the pooch under the table! :)

23. These rooms are stunning! I could stare at these pictures all day. ( :

24. Wow – what a difference. Wonderful job.

25. Sara says:

Wow! That is incredible! I love the colors and the lightness of it. You have impeccable taste!

26. Rachel H says:

That is beautiful! Do you mind sharing where you got the chandelier above your dining room table??? I would love to find something similar!

27. Amanda says:

Hi Rachel! Thanks for the lovely comments. The chandelier is from :

my only complaint about it is-its kinda small -I wish it were larger.

28. elizabeth@themustardceiling says:

Beautiful transformation! Your rooms have turned into such a calm, soothing serene space.

29. jen v says:

Stopping in from 6th Street Design. What is the wall color in the living room? Absolutely beautiful!