Another Spray Paint Post

Once again the power of spray paint saves the day.  While trying to find accessories for my home office I decided to “shop the house”.  I found this glass tray that once held a coffee creamer & sugar set, a small red scalloped bowl, and a little ceramic green bird.

After a few coats of Valspar’s metallic gold, we reach total chic-ness.  For the glass tray I spray painted the underside- which is a great way to paint serving pieces if you still intend to use them for food.  (mirrored tray from Target)

I found this great urn from HomeGoods-liked the shape but not so much the color.

A few coats of Krylon’s bright yellow- perfection.

This ceramic boot was a clearance item from Hobby Lobby last year.  Again great shape, sad print.

After- Krylon’s Gloss White

So next time you need some accessories- shop your house and grab that can of spray paint it will work wonders and cover a multitude of ugly!

14 thoughts on “Another Spray Paint Post”

1. Great ideas, can’t wait to go shopping at home!!

2. Instant gratification – nothing better! I would have never seen the possibility in the boot! 🙂

3. Melissa says:

I do the same thing with spray paint and it drives my husband crazy!! I love spray paint!

4. elizabeth@themustardceiling says:

I have found that spray paint is a common cure for just about anything, it is so versatile. I love all of your new and improved accessories, especially the the sweet vignette with the yellow urn.

5. Great post! I love shopping my own house first – and spray paint is a go-to for sure. These are fabulous examples. Love the difference on the boot and that yellow!

6. emily says:

Wow! What huge transformations. I would have totally passed up that boot at HL — but it looks fab now! And don’t get me started on the gold spray paint. I’ve already given our office a once over to see if there is anything needing a little glamming up! 🙂

7. I do go a little nutty with spray paint sometimes (maybe its the fumes) but its just so easy! I love what you’ve done here, each piece looks great.

8. Stacy Curran says:

I buy stuff all the time at Home Goids to spray, but somehow I never think to shop the stuff I already have, like you did. It looks great! Love the gold, and thought the yellow was BRIILIANT!
    Stacy

9. Cakewalk says:

I have to try this! I was hanging a few rustic pieces made of iron recently, and my dad told me to spray them with clear spray paint to coat them and protect my walls.

10. Amber says:

Looks great! I especially love the yellow piece.
    I am a little spray-paint-nutty too. My daughter was the flower girl in my brother’s wedding this past weekend and I could not find off white shoes anywhere, so I spray painted a pair of white dress shoes she already had in Dove White! Nobody was the wiser.

11. Debbie says:

LOVE how the glass tray turned out! Think I might need to try that myself

12. Hello Amanda! I love the gold! I have a weekly blog series called “spray painters anonymous” would you like to do a guest post for me? It could be this project, something new, or something you have already done.

Let me know what you think! I am scheduling for November!

Love your blog!

Tiffany {living savvy}

13. I love all those transformations!!! Little accessories can be so expensive, but finding things in cool shapes that you can transform yourself isn’t! Great vignettes!