My Office- The Details

Im still editing some detail shots of my office, ok truth be told my husband is still editing some detail shots. (love you dear!!).  I stink at photo editing.

Here are some of the recent ones he worked on this past weekend.  The before shots are HERE.

This chandelier had an ugly brown/black metal finish that I glammed up with some gold leafing.

I use my sewing machine quite often for quick pillow and drapery projects, so I needed a little space for that.  The desk was an old sewing desk I found at a thrift store. I primed and painted it white, then spray painted the handles gold.

You can see the before pictures of this chair HERE  My favorite part of this chair is the back- but unfortunately you can’t see it because it sits here in the corner.  But its still makes me giddy to know its there.

This is one of my favorite shots!  I bought this mirror at a garage sale last year for $1.

We are still trying to get a good shot of the bed and headboard- its just missing something.  I need something on the wall where the two brown pillows are-but what? Any suggestions?  It just looks awkward, but it person its not as noticeable.

Detail shot of the diamond-like buttons.

The desk is also a little DIY- that I will post about soon.

Another shot of my sewing table.  The framed inspiration board-you can see more about it HERE.

And last but not least- my husband made me promise to show you this photo.  He worked very hard on it.  It is a series of photos that he “seamed” together with his cool little software.  (this ones for you dear)  He titled it “View from the pink chair”.  Its a tight space and Im sure as my business grows I will have to take over a larger room, but for now it works.

Wall Color:  Sherwin Williams Colonial Revival Gray

20 thoughts on “My Office- The Details”

1. Marjorie says:

I love all your design work! Did you make the bulletin board?

2. That office has got it going on! Do you do your own upholstlery? Excited about finding your blog!

3. I have one word for you……A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! And I thought the last time I saw that room it was beautiful! My favorite piece is the corner chair ( I wonder why…….{smile}).

4. Desiree says:

Oh, I didn’t see the desk in the other post. I love it and the bulletin board. I love the light fixture. I was wondering what color you used, now I know, thanks for sharing.

5. emily says:

What a great space to work in! Looks beautiful!

6. Anonymous says:

That is lovely! I love the sewing table and wish I could find one like it. :) I wonder if you put a Euro pillow behind the 2 brown pillows if it would fill the space in like you want – maybe in a white faux fur? I think it looks amazing as is, but since you asked….

Great job.

7. Amber says:

Your office is beautiful and inspired! As far as the bed, what about making another upholstered headboard for the head of the bed byt he brown pillows (matching the one already there) to kind of frame the bed, and then change out the two brown pillows to something more contrasting?

8. Karen says:

I love the colors you chose for this room. My favorite thing is the desk… can’t wait to hear the details on that.

I think you should extend the headboard around the wall to make it look like a custom piece made specifically for that corner.

9. Amanda Hill says:

Just came across your blog! So glad I did…For sure becoming a new follower and scrolling back for more great posts!

10. Oh goodness, it is absolutely beautiful! We’ve all seen those sewing desks, great vision! I think it would be fun to do an oversize pillow in a bright, large floral pattern incorporating your pink, of course!

11. Hi Amanda,
    Your office turned out beautifully! I love the color combination and the vintage and gold accents. The black and white bold stripes are perfect.
    As for wall area at the head of the bed…I’m thinking some sort of vintage gold wall sconce (2 arms with shades and sparkly crystals??) to add lighting in that area for reading or browsing magazines. Or – I just saw Nate Berkus talking about those wall lamps with a jointed arm that allows you to pull it away from the wall. You could make a fabulous shade for it.

I love your office transformation. You can tell your Husband that all the work on the last wide shot was worth it, it gave the best view to get the real feel of the room!

Have a blessed week,

12. I love it. Such a fun, fresh and sophisticated space! Love the pink and the gold accents.

13. Beautiful office! And it look very functional too! I just realized you aren’t on my blogroll, so I’m fixing that now! :)

14. Kim says:

Wow it looks great! I LOVE that rug…do you know who it is made by or any details so I can find one like it? Thanks!

15. Angie G. says:

Hi there, I discovered your blog via your post on alamode. What a beautiful office! I was wondering if you upholstered the headboard yourself or purchased it. I am thinking of making my own soon and love the fabric on yours. Thanks in advance!

16. Beautiful office! Discovered your great space from a photo on Schue Love. I’m so glad I clicked on over! I am for sure becoming a new follower… Pulling up a comfy chair so I can keep scrolling back! :)

17. Rachellabelle Interiors says:

I am totally, 100% dying over the perfection of this room. I love the graphic print of the drapes, softened by the pink chair. And don’t even get me started on the glints of gold in the desk, chandelier and the dresser. Absolute perfection!

18. I love this look! We just found your blog and we are your newest follower. We would love if you checked out our blog.