The Christmas Tree

Oh the Christmas tree- the most dreaded piece of holiday decor in my home! Well its kinda a love/hate relationship.  I HATE putting it up but once it up I love it.  See our tree is fake, faux, un-natural, whatever you want to call it-but theres more— its 12 feet tall!  yes 12 -oh my gosh why do we do this -12 feet tall.  It takes 3 hours to set up, 5-6 hours to fluff each branch, and another 6-8 hours to decorate. *sigh*  every year I tell myself- “thats it!- we’re getting a charlie brown tree!” and every year once the last ornament is placed and the lights turned down low- we plug it in and I smile.

Each branch is full of memories of ornaments collected over the years.  My collection of hand blown glass ornaments has grown to the point where I dont think I *will* be able to go down to a smaller tree. I may have to shrink down to *several* smaller trees. But for now this honking (thats a Texas word ya’ll) big tree is here to stay.

The gold ribbon that is woven through the branches is from Sams Club after Christmas sale- I got several bolts for $5.00 each!

Anyone else dread putting up their tree? and does anyone else have a booger of a time trying to get a decent photo of their tree?  Sheesh! I took like 20 million photos!

Linking to:

Megan-Honey We’re Home- Christmas Trees

Sarah- Thrifty Decor Chic-Christmas Trees

15 thoughts on “The Christmas Tree”

1. Your tree is ginormous! I love it! I’m sure it’s hard to put together but man is it worth it! You have quite a collection of beautiful ornaments too!

2. Aissa says:

I dread putting up the Christmas tree, but I try and take my time and put Christmas music on to make it “fun.” And I took a gazillion pics of our tree too (still need to post about it), only to find out that they’re blurry, so I’ll have to do another round this weekend!

3. René says:

Your tree is gorgeous! Ours has been ups since Sunday, but still isn’t decorated. You are way ahead of me.

4. Kathysue says:

I love a big tree covered in ornaments especially ornaments that mean something to the family. My tree is full or memories. my son’s first pair of shoes, glasses, soccer buttons, ornaments made with little hands that are crumbling, broken Santas from being played with by a little blonde boy that is now 34. Oh sweet sweet memories. your tree is worth it and I bet it would not feel like Christmas if it was not there!!! Enjoy your handiwork it is gorgeous and well worth your efforts, Thanks for sharing, Merry Christmas,

5. Shannon says:

It’s beautiful! Well worth the effort to put it up. Skip the gym just go llift your 12′ tall Xmas tree. It looks fabulous with your new chandelier.

6. elizabeth@themustardceiling says:

Gorgeous Amanda. I cannot imagine all of the work that goes into decorating your tree, it is huge and you have so many ornaments, but totally worth it in the end!

7. Carrie from Sam's Club says:

Wow, Amanda, your tree turned out absolutely stunning! We thought you might like to check out our Holiday Decorating Guide for more inspiration in decorating the rest of your home: Happy holidays and thanks for shopping at Sam’s Club! – Carrie from Sam’s Club

8. Jean @ Flower Hill says:

So beautiful! Worth all the time to put it up!

9. It’s definitely a beautiful final product! Merry Christmas

10. that sucker is HUGE! That’s crazy talk. I am impressed you do that every year!!! This year we went with a live tree because I feel in love with a Charlie Brown tree! Love your tree! I have the chocolate covered strawberry ornament too! :-)

11. Funny Amanda, we did the same thing bought a huge tree, mine only fits in the foyer, I wonder why I did that too…..But, yours is stunning, full of ornaments and each one is clever and gorgeous. Enjoy, it really in wonderful, thanks for sharing!

12. So pretty and so worth the time!

13. Jeanine says:

WOW! Your tree is gorgeous! I always dread putting my tree up but once its up and decorated I’m happy and makes me smile everyday I look at it. :)

14. Megan {Honey We're Home} says:

Well worth the time and effort Amanda! Thanks for linking up!