Holiday Vignette

Because of the size of our tree (12 foot) I have to make some furniture adjustments when the tree goes up.  My dresser/buffet that usually sits between two leather club chairs gets moved to the wall under my Paris Map.  I spent the last week trying to decorate it and kept coming up short.

Although I LOVE the glittery garland and the gold trees-it just felt like it was missing something.

So off to HomeGoods I went- and what to my wondering eyes should appear-this beautiful bronze-like deer!  He literally jumped into my cart begging to come home with me.

Here he is styled with gold & silver ornaments in clear glass jars.

And here he is with some icy blue ornaments thrown in.

I can’t decide which I like best-with or without the blue.  Im leaning towards the blue because it ties into the coffee table vignette.

and Im still trying to find a way to incorporate the glittery gold garland- but its too bulky with the deer.
So what are your thoughts.  Blue or no blue?

8 thoughts on “Holiday Vignette”

1. Erika Ward says:

He’s a beauty. Love the look of your boxwood topiary, too!

2. Beautiful, Amanda! I love the blue and your new deer. He’s perfect! Your mantel turned out gorgeous too, love the colors. Thanks for joining!

3. Brooke says:

Gorgeous, just gorg! I do like the way the blue ties in the rest of your decor, but I think the gold/bronze/brown/white arrangement is just simply stunning. It ties in with the map, the deer, and everything blends so well. With the blue ornaments, I don’t notice the deer as much because my eyes are drawn directly to the blue…either way, it’s fab!

xo
    B

4. Karen says:

With the blue, definitely!

What about draping the garland across the top of your Paris map… like a swag?

5. I really like the blue! It stands out and adds some color to the space.

6. Lisa Mende Design says:

I love the blue mixed with the gold, gives the traditional an update! Your home looks beautiful for the holidays!

7. Jeanine says:

Blue is a winner! I love the deer!

8. Jessie says:

The gorgeous deer and the blue really made all the difference! Love your beautiful vignette, Amanda.

Have a great day!