Clean Slate

So are you all into cleaning out, de-junking mode?  I am!  Unfortunately I still have some of my Christmas decor up.  My goal this week is to get it all down, organized and packed away.  I couldnt stand my coffee table any longer- piled with Christmas decor, gifts and wrapping paper.  I cleared it all off, cleaned it with window cleaner and literally stood over it- saying “Breathe, breathe, breathe”.  Ahhh to let my furniture breathe again.  Then I decided I couldn’t leave it naked, so I added a gold glass bowl, some hand blown glass balls and a few decorating books.  Clean and simple!

Now onto the REST of the surfaces in my house.  Anyone else ready to let your furniture to breathe?

10 thoughts on “Clean Slate”

1. Looks nice and fresh! Love the glass balls! I ordered Domino from Amazon over the weekend. I feel like I am the last person on earth to have it!

2. Daniel says:

Ever since I saw IKEA refer to their vases as being “mouth blown”, I’ve always wondered what the correct terminology is. Mouth blown, or hand blown? Keep up the great work on the blog!

3. Marjorie says:

Haha! Yes. We took our decorations down before the new year. It was getting to be too much :0

4. Brooke says:

Oh I so identify with the thought of needing to let my furniture breathe! My decorations came down the 26th and I’ve been in major decluttering mode ever since!

5. Mine is dying to breathe too! Love your coffee table!

6. Lisa Mende Design says:

Your house always looks so fresh and clean! I am going to take notes and let my furniture breathe today too!!!

7. I am laughing because this is exactly what I am wanting to do with my house today! I am excited to do something fresh with my decor… Your table looks awesome as always!

8. Shelly@ConfettiStyle says:

I too am in the cleaning and reorgainzing mode. I love the start of a new year when everything can take on a new and fresh appeal. I love to move my furniture around, rearrange accessories and hang a few more mirrors to bring more light into my spaces. Love the look of your simply and clean coffee table. I plan to accessorize with all the books I plan to read this year, making them easy to access. Cheers to a great 2012!

9. Holly says:

I’m so glad I’m not the only one to say buh-bye to the Christmas clutter. It feels SO good to have it all put away and start fresh – SO GOOD. No we just have to take the tree down and I’ll be even happier. Happy New Year to you!

10. I am definitely letting my furniture breathe!!! And then its time for a redo…so excited!