Annie Sloan Chalk Paint makeover

I wanted to share with you my latest victim of Annie Sloan chalk paint– have I mentioned how much I love this stuff?  The fact that I dont have to sand or prime a piece of furniture totally has me doing a happy dance everytime I use it.

I’ve had this little table for the kids from Target for ages- its been colored on, painted on, permanent markered on, you name it its been through it.  Oh-and the boys currently use it as a diving board to get to their beds *sigh*.

Before:  Boring, bland, white legs, blonde wood top….

I used the graphite chalk paint on the legs-then applied a wax. This color almost looks black when you wax it- but for a grayer color just add some Old World White.

For the top- I just sanded it down a bit and did a wash of Chalk paint in Old World White, then used Fiddes & Son wax in Jacobean- this is THE best wax/stain ever.

I am *thisclose* to being done with the boys room.  Here’s a sneak peak at the drapery, headboard and wall color (Restoration Hardware-Graphite).

15 thoughts on “Annie Sloan Chalk Paint makeover”

1. I love the color combination of the table. great way to use that little table ( we have one too)

2. Simply LKJ says:

Love how the table turned out. Can’t wait to see the entire room. The drapes are gorgeous!!

3. Love it — yes, no sanding or priming absolutely calls for a happy dance! Glad to see the Graphite — I’m considering it for a Mom Cave project, but haven’t seen it actually on a piece. It’s great!

4. Laurie says:

Great color choice. Love the orange chair with it!

5. Great make over! Love the graphite color! And on pins and needles for the room reveal Those orange and linen chevron has me with goose bumps!

6. René says:

From what I can see, this room is going to be amazing! Love the way the desk turned out. I must be the only person on earth who hasn’t tried this paint.

7. It looks great Amanda. Love the chevron curtains. Quick question about adding the Old World White to the graphite. When did you do it? Did you just add some to the graphite to lighten up the whole base color? And did you use dark wax?

8. Looks fantastic Amanda. I’m getting ready to do some of my own painting using Annie Sloan. Those drapes look gorgeous!

9. Amanda, bravo to you once again the table looks like a million bucks! ASCP is an amazing product and Graphite is my favorite color the tabletop is going to hold up for a long time. I painted my laminate countertop in my bathroom several months ago and I was a little skeptical about using it in a bathroom but the counter still looks amazing. Love this post can’t wait to see more of this room.

10. Danica B says:

WOW….I need those curtains in my life! Did you make them yourself??

11. silly6 says:

Love the orange chevron curtains. Where is the fabric from?

12. Can you fly to Utah and make over my house for me? I love the table it looks so cool, the drapery is to die for and the headboard is an amazing DIY that I would never have thought to do!

13. Love the drapes! Where’d you get those?!

14. Anonymous says:

what would graphite look like if you were to do a wash on the table top?

15. Like Me Some says:

The drapes look fantastic! The graphite on your desk legs looks great, nice and dark!!!