DIY Nailhead trim headboard

Im almost finished with the boys room.  I wanted to show you a quick and easy DIY headboard made with wait for it…………………..

artist canvas!

The dimensions worked really well with their twin beds.

First I covered the canvas with batting from the fabric store.

Then I covered it with a linen fabric (you could also use a painters dropcloth)

To finish it off I added some nailhead trim in a nickel finish.  It came in a package of 10yds. which was plenty for two twin headboards. You can buy it HERE:

And here’s the headboard:

For the complete room tour go HERE

Home Stories A2Z

Weekend Bloggy Reading

23 thoughts on “DIY Nailhead trim headboard”

1. Simply LKJ says:

What a clever idea! I love how they turned out. I am thinking that would be a fun way to add some color to my daughter’s dorm room next fall since they get the generic brown wood beds with no headboard.

2. Inspired! Never would have thought of using artist canvas! Thanks for sharing. :)

3. So creative, Amanda! Can’t wait to see the entire room, I love your color scheme!

4. Fabulous idea, Amanda and they look great! Love a good DIY!

5. Great idea! So simple and yet so stylish…a perfect combination!

6. That is genius! What a wonderful idea!! Thanks for sharing :)

7. Great idea Amanda. Love those orange pillows too!

8. Oh how awesome and inexpensive! It looks great!

9. What a clever project – with a little bit of brains and a very little bit of elbow grease… tada! LOVE IT… great job….. thanks for sharing.
    Have a wonderful Monday!

10. Anna says:

Great idea! I’d love to hear how these hold up. They seem like a great way to get the look without too much commitment or investment. Pinned it!

11. No way! I would have never guessed what’s behind that pretty linen fabric. I love this! Thanks so much for sharing this idea, I am going to have to pin it and use this idea in the future!

12. What a fab idea!! Who would had thunk it!? So glad you liked my kitchen (and herringbone backsplash). Glad to have found you. Newest follower!

13. That is seriously GENIUS! It turned out so pretty Amanda- you are so talented!

14. super smart and simple! I love the size of them and the nail head gives it the tailored look!

15. Nat says:

What a great idea! They look perfect!

16. Snippi Tippi says:

very genius- I am going to try this for sure!!

17. Great idea! How clever of you.

18. Jessie says:

What a great idea! It’s beautiful and affordable! You are a genius, Amanda!

19. Amazing idea….new to your blog, thanks to The Mustard Ceiling guest post. I will be reading all night!
    Wonderful life interiors

20. AN-G says:

Where did the bedding come from pls? Im Lookin for my son

21. Heather says:

Hi. This is so clever! I love getting ideas from creative people. Can you tell me what size canvas worked for the twin beds? And did you somehow attach the boards to the beds, or did you hang them on the wall? Thanks in advance!

22. I am also curious as to what canvas size you went with. These are such a great idea!

1. Amanda says:

I cant remember the exact size but I basically measured the width of the bed and found a canvas that was close to that width at the craft store.