The Boys Room Reveal

I finally finished the boys room and got some decent photos. Here is the inspiration board I created for the room:

And here’s the room:

Sources:
Wall Color- Restoration Hardware Graphite
Bedding- Target
Rug- Surya Jill Rosenwald Zuna
Drapery- Custom- Premier Prints Chevon
Pillows- Custom- Premier Prints Chipper
Dresser- DIY (coming soon)
Lamp- Target
Maps- HomeGoods
Initials-Hobby Lobby
Headboards-DIY Here
Desk- Annie Sloan Chalk paint- DIY Here
Desk Chair- Spray Paint- DIY Here

LINKING TO:

Weekend Bloggy Reading
Home Stories A2Z

Thrifty Decor Chick

ยซ
ยป

43 thoughts on “The Boys Room Reveal”

1. Simply LKJ says:

Amanda, their room is beautiful! Love the combination of the navy and orange. This is surely a room they can grow with.

2. Such a refreshing color combo — love all the touches, especially the maps. I’d love to know how long you can keep it looking so picture perfect!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ It would last about an hour in my house lol!

3. Marjorie says:

Looks great! Love the pop of orange, so fresh!

4. Jessie says:

The boys room looks fabulous and stylish, reminds me of your blog’s banner. ๐Ÿ™‚ Love the beautiful color palette, the geometric rug, the bedding, DIY dresser and the pillow! Well done, Amanda.

Jessie
    mixandchic.com

5. Stacy Curran says:

Love it. Love the orange…that rug in all its colors is my current favorite! Love the art too
    Stacy

6. Love the sophisticated yet fun look! The dresser and artwork are my favorites, and the color combo! Wonderful job, as usual!

7. Laurie says:

This is brilliant! Love the orange! So fun to see a board “come to life”. Well done.

8. Looks fantastic! It is so helpful to show how the inspiration board is just that…inspiration. Its nice to see the subtle differences between it and the finished product…and both look great!

9. Love the combination of colors and the unique touches you added to personalize the room. Can’t wait to see that dresser DIY. Have a fantastic weekend!

10. Lynn @ Scrapity Anne says:

Hi Amanda!
    Just wanted to let you knw that I have awarded you the Liebster Award for small blogs. I love your sense of style and elegance and wanted to show you how much!

Thanks
    Lynn @ Scrapity Anne

11. Amanda, it’s really a beautiful room! Playful but still stylish!

12. I was stopping by to say thanks for the very kind comment you left at Southern Hospitality … and then went “WOW”

This room is absolutely fabulous. Seriously amazing! And of course I pinned it — especially that sidetable between the beds …

I hope your boys love, love it!

๐Ÿ™‚

Linda

13. It looks awesome! I love the steely blue with the orange!

14. Donna says:

Great space for your boys! I love the painting above the chest and the color combo for their desk!! Did you use Olioboard for your inspiration board? Have a great weekend!!

donnaviningblog.com

15. Job well done!!! That is one amazing room. Love the dresser!

16. Stephanie says:

This is probably the cutest boys room I have seen. The orange and navy look great. I like the prints you used in their room.

17. Hi Amanda! I’m a newer reader to your blog – you did such a great job on this room – I love it all!

18. Your boys are lucky. I really think the room looks like it belongs in a magazine. I can’t believe the dresser is a DIY, I love it! You are very talented, it looks awesome!

19. Holly says:

Amanda, this is so awesome. I just saw a boys’ room on Houzz earlier today and this reminds me of it. I love the color scheme and that it doesn’t scream “boy” but that it holds true to their interests but can still grow with them. It’s fantastic!

20. LOVE.IT.ALL!!! what a great room, Amanda! So classic, but full of personality, style and good-taste!!

21. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!! Love your board and your color scheme! Tell me more about the art in the room? Did you do it???? Did I miss a post about it?

22. This is absolutely awesome! Such a great grown up boy space that is still vibrant and fun! Great job! Nw follower from Hi Sugarplum:)

23. Ange says:

Love the color combo! Very fun for boys, the maps are great too!

24. Wow that night stand/mini-dresser is just some kinda wonderful. Love it and the whole room! Big boy rooms are tricky. You did a great job.

Warmly, Michelle

25. Absolutely awesome. Love the color scheme, and how all your special details come together.

26. Carra says:

I am confused as to why it says Dallas when it is all NYC subway stops and Dallas is in Texas. Maybe confusion in regards to Houston, which is a street downtown NYC and is pronounced “House-ton.”

Anyways, LOOKS GREAT!

27. la-la-LOVE IT! +1’d it, shared via facebook, tweeted and pinned it! Next stop: Screaming from the rooftop! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Pamela

28. OMG! Looks Stunning! It is perfect and so so adorable! Saw PB & J shared this on FB- so happy she did! Fantastic job here!

29. I adore this room! I’ve been so behind in following blogs lately that I missed it! Adorable. Love the edge to it… and the colors.

30. Kathysue says:

Great Job Amanda, You put the pops of color in all the right spots. Love the little chest between the two beds! Wonderful boys room,
    Kathysue

31. Julie says:

Loving the organge with great patterns – I’m using this as my inspiration for a client’s boys room. Lovely.

gosimplysavvy.com/blog

32. Katie says:

I love this room!! I’ve been trying to put something together like this for my boys (but this is way cuter than what I could come up with)! I’m having a hard time finding bedding, and yours looks great. Do you happen to know the name of the comforter that you got at Target? I can’t seem to find it on their site.

Katie

33. Kathie says:

You did a fantastic job pulling this together. Looks great! Loving orange right now!

34. soooo CUTE! love it! saw the dresser feature at SNS party ๐Ÿ™‚ great boys room – creative, young, and sophisticated all at the same time.

35. Heather says:

Hi. I just found your blog today. I love this room! Please tell me what size canvas worked for the twin bed headboards. And did you hang them on the wall or attach them to the beds somehow? And where did that colorful artwork come from? It’s fantastic! Great work!

36. Shonda Boudet says:

I am in love with this room! I would like to order this rug. Do you have to have a designer order it for you?

37. Anonymous says:

I love the rug. I can I order it? do I order it through you?

38. You did such a good job on your boys room! I am stuck on what to put up on the walls and have found your room so inspiring! Great job!

39. Great boys room! I love that it’s a great mix of fun AND sophistication. The pops of orange make me smile ๐Ÿ™‚

40. Wow, such a cool and sophisticated yet kid friendly place. Love the dresser!

41. Can Do Casual says:

Found your blog thru Thrifty Decor Chick. I love the color combo on this one. It’s awesome. I love what you did with the half of a table as a desk and the artwork and dresser and table. Gives me inspiration with what you can do with paint!

42. kayla says:

Hi Amanda! I LOVE this room! I am actually attempting to copy it!! Where did you find the Navy comforter? also what color and/or design did you go with for their sheets?

1. Amanda Eck says:

Hi
      I found the bedding years ago at Target and used simple white sheets