Flush Mount Lighting

Recently I was sourcing some flush mount lighting for a local client and thought I would share some of my favorites with you.

Flush mount and semi-flush mount lights are perfect for those spaces that have limited ceiling height.  Hallways, closets, laundry rooms, even walk-in kitchen pantry’s are great spaces for these lights.

First lets show the No, No light- you know that infamous “boob light” we all have seen or had in our homes.

And here are some pretty alternatives:

The Sausalito from Troy lighting in  semi-flush mount:

I like this drum-shade version from Ballards:

This one from Pottery Barn is great for when you want that bell-style jar but your ceilings are low:

This one from Allen Roth at Lowes is a steal at $89.00

One of my favorites is this Visual Comfort Basil Flush Mount:

We used this in one of my clients hallway and back entry in the gunmetal finish:

Which ones do you like? do you have any other flush-mount favorites? I’d love for you to share.

13 thoughts on “Flush Mount Lighting”

1. Ha! I gasped for half a second until I realized your first photo was a ‘don’t!’ :) I’ve always loved the Sausalito, but you can’t beat Lowes for that price!

2. Currently shopping for 2 new flushmounts for my hallway…thanks for the inspiration! Let’s all say it together…”No more boob lights!”

3. Thanks for doing some homework for me. I’m sourcing lighting for our basement renovation and I’m going to take a closer look at some of your selections :)

4. Hi Amanda,

Love your choices here and at Houzz! Wonderful job, my friend!

Love to you,

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

5. Those are all great choices! Id love to ditch some of my boob lights!

6. Cathy Wall says:

Great round up! I used the Sausilito you pictured in a client’s low ceiling-ed foyer and it is awesome!
    Cathy @ Room Rx

7. Susannah says:

Love your options! I ridded my house of all our “boob” lights last year about this time and did a bunch of research on acceptable looking semi-flush and flush mount fixutures! Those Allen and Roth for Lowes options are definitely new because I might have picked that one if it had been available!
    But we are still loving our choices. I found shadesoflight.com and lightingdirect.com have a TON of great options.
    Here’s a link to all the options we looked at

8. Holly says:

How ironic, I was just looking at flush mounts for an entryway design board. I love the Sausalito as well – I ended up going with a flush mount from Rejuvenation. They have a few nice options as well.

9. Alexa says:

Ooh I love all of these!

10. Donna says:

I love the sausalito one and amazed at how Lowes has stepped up in selecting that light fixture to sell at their stores. I love Aidan Gray and Jamie Young. But you can never go wrong with Visual Comfort!

11. elizabeth@themustardceiling says:

Great options. I think we would all like to eliminate “boob lights” thanks for sharing!

12. Great post Amanda. Unfortunately, I have the boob lights in our upstairs hallway and I plan to change them soon! You’ve given me some fabulous options!

13. Ok so, we have the, um, book lights in our hallway and have been looking to replace them. It’s so hard to find a pretty flush mount fixture at Lowe’s or Home Depot. Thank YOU for this! I just needed you and the internet! 😉