Front Porch

I’m embarrassed to admit that I have left my front porch in such a state of ugly for far too long.  After the holiday decor came down I left it bare, complete with pots filled with nothing but dirt and twigs.

BEFORE:  *hangs head in shame*

AFTER:

I found these ball topiary’s at Home Depot for $30 each.

I made this wreath years ago – it’s just a grapevine wreath with greenery tucked in – I was even too lazy to wire or hot glue them in.  I tied it with a simple burlap ribbon.

Now I’m not embarrassed for my neighbors to come knock on my door!

LINKING TO:

Southern Hospitality’s Blog

19 thoughts on “Front Porch”

1. I have done the same thing from time to time. Sometimes there are higher priorities in the grand scheme of life. Some simple touches has made it more inviting. Looks great!

2. Simply LKJ says:

Ours still looks like your before. The pollen is always terrible here, and this year is no exception. I usually wait until it has cleared, wash everything and then put up spring/summer decor, and set out new plants. I hate that it looks so bare right now, but it isn’t worth doing it twice.

3. I’m so jealous! i’m itching to get my porch shaped up, but we’re covered in pollen right now. Hopefully in a week or so we can pressure wash and i can get busy sprucing up. Thanks for the inspiration!!

4. I love it. It looks so springy and welcoming! I can’t wait for the pollen to stop dropping here so I can get to work outside.

5. So fresh and inviting, Amanda! That’s a great deal fort he topiaries, I need a trip to Home Depot!

6. Laurie says:

Score on the topiaries!! Looks very springy and inviting now – nice job.

7. Love the transformation! The green mixed with the black, gray and white is stunning.

8. BethA says:

So pretty! Our porch is a fright! You’ve inspired me.

9. I’m still hanging my head in shame at our front porch too. This past weekend my hubby did do some pressure washing to clean it and freshen it up, so now it’s up to me to add some plants/flowers, etc…looks like I need to check out Home Depot. Those topiaries are beautiful!

10. Looks great — now come spruce mine up!

11. Lisa Mende Design says:

This looks great! Wish you’d come fix mine up! You should start a link party of porches if no one has done that yet!!!

12. Lisa Mende Design says:

beautiful! you always do such a great job! I love your style!

13. devinedecoratingresults.com says:

It looks great. I love greenery and especially ferns at the front entry way!

14. devinedecoratingresults.com says:

It looks great. I love greenery and especially ferns at the front entry way!

15. Donna says:

I think we all let our front porch “go” at some point. The touch of greenery makes the porch look so Spring-like and welcoming! Love the topiary balls!!

donnavininblog.com

16. Thanks for showing how a few little touches can make a big impact! Love it!

17. This is a great makeover. My porch looks so bad and it has been bugging me! This gave me some ideas. It needs a makeover bad!

18. Claire says:

Your front porch looks fab! Love what you’ve done to the place-following you from Southern Hospitality-stop on by for a visit!

19. cribs for twins says:

Beautiful! Love the transformation!