Sneak Peek

Well I finished hanging the drapery in my daughters room- a feat in itself.  I really really wanted gold drapery hardware but didnt want to spend too much for it.  I stood in the drapery rod isle at Lowes for about an hour- trying to decide what I wanted.  They unfortunately didn’t have anything in gold so whats a girl to do?  Spray paint of course!

I ended up buying this rod with the ring clips hidden (kind of like a traverse rod)

After a little gold spray paint- I now have this:

And I am so over-the-moon for these drapery panels in Caitlin Wilson’s Mint Fleur Chinoise fabric.

Here’s another peek of the room:

And does anyone else out there do this……. You get a brain storm DIY in your head- you stop whatever your doing, plop down on the floor (in my dining room for this instance) and start painting.  No dropcloths to protect your rug or your hardwoods-just right there on top of your mail & whatever else you tossed on the floor and you get to work.  Then you decide your bored with it- you get up and leave it there to sit till you get the urge again.  Anyone do this??

And that pretty much sums up what the rest of my house looks like right now.  I loved it when Emily Clark shared a “keeping it real” post the other day- because let face it we all have to “live” in our homes and they don’t usually look like the Pinterest- pinnable stuff you see out there.

16 thoughts on “Sneak Peek”

1. Samantha says:

Oh wow, the drapery fabric is stunning!

2. Laurie says:

Love that you painted those curtain rods – looks fantastic with the fab drapes.

3. Marjorie says:

I love you daughter’s room so far! You are very talented. Definetly keeping your services in mind when we start our master bedroom later this year.
    I just finished my daughter’s nursery and posted about it on my blog. I’d love some constructive feedback :)

4. I do the same thing often, and the state of some rooms in my house can prove it! :) Love the curtains and that mirror! Can’t wait to see the rest of the room.

5. Kaley Garin says:

The curtains and rod are fabulous!!!!

And you saw the pics of my house…..definitely lived in!!!

6. Love that fabric and the gold rod! I totally start projects and then leave them half done until the guilt leads me back to finishing them. I never used to be like that and I can see why some of my friends call it shiny object syndrome- see something else and start doing that instead! Can’t wait to see the rest of the room!

7. I LOVE THAT MIRROR! So cute… and the drapery fabric is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing and yes, us creative types (tee hee) go with the wind and stop and start on a moments notice!
    Have a great day.

8. Simply LKJ says:

Love the drapery fabric, and can see why you wanted gold rods! And yes, I’ve been known to get a wild hair and dive into a project and then have to leave it because I should have been doing something else!

9. Amanda, I like what I see so far, I am the same way about an idea sometimes you just have to get right to it no dropcloth needed :) Have a great weekend.

10. Oh so pretty! I am loving the gold with mint! And no you are not alone, but I just can’t leave stuff around with my crazy 2 and 4 year old! And I don’t know what you are talking about… my house looks like a Pinterest pin all of the time!! HA!

11. I love the drapery! Her prints are so fun! I was looking for gold hardware this week too and found some at Home Depot. It’s Martha Stewart and was $40 for the largest rod. Not bad. I like your spray painted rod as well.

12. Sita says:

Loving your daughter’s room so far. I just pre-ordered the same fabric from CWT for when it restocks in April. I’ll also be using it in my daughter’s room…hopefully in our new home. :) Loving your blog, Amanda. You are clearly talented and provide so much inspiration! And yes, I will suddenly start a project and then stop, leave the mess and not finish the project for weeks! You are so not alone in that!

13. The drapery rod and fabric look incredible! I have been eyeying all of Caitlins fabrics, I love the way this print looks with the gold rod. Love your gold circles mirror too. I wish I was as ambitious as you are. You just get the job done. I have tons of ideas but they are rarely executed!

14. I do that all the time. The picture frame is a perfect example of the kind of stuff I’m always doing. I like to change things up and painting something is the first thing I think of. I’m terrible about planning. I just do it then deal with the mess later 😉

15. Yes! I do that frequently and the hubby hates it! I just have to do certain things right away and then sometimes I get bored of them fast… The idea in my head is always much more fun than actually doing it. I need a nearby buddy who can come help me and vise versa. :)

16. The drapery fabric is gorgeous but I’m in love with that rod! I am in the planning stages of our daughter’s big girl room & am breaking out of my mold & adding gold accents. I can’t wait to see the rest of this room!