A sad day

McKenzie Eck- a.k.a Kenzie, Kenzie-McCrewder, Ki-Ki, Kinny
March 3, 2000- May 22, 2012

Yesterday we had to put our beloved McKenzie down- the worst worst worst decision we have ever had to make as a family.  She was so good to us and we were blessed to have the opportunity to be her care takers for her life here on earth.

17 thoughts on “A sad day”

1. Debby Steele says:

I’m so sorry that you had to make that decision. Pets are like family members – they become our children. I don’t believe in making pets suffer or letting them life a less-than-quality life. You did the right thing. Hope you are feeling better soon. xoxo

2. Susan says:

So sorry to hear that. We have a Westie girl and she is such a part of the family.

3. We just had the same experience this past Friday so my heart goes out to you. Even though I’m sure it was the best for your sweet girl it’s such a heart breaking thing for a family.

4. So sorry to hear about your beloved dog! They really become part of the family. I’m not looking forward to that day. Sending hugs your way!

5. Oh…that is so sad! But as always they are in a better place when they are gone!

6. Like Me Some says:

Awe, I’m so sorry! It’s so hard to lose our furry loved ones, they are family members!!

7. Simply LKJ says:

So sorry to hear the news! As I told you, we have 3 dogs. With a 12 year old Golden Retriever, I know we will have to face that in a year or so. My dad just had to make this decision with his beloved Springer (15 years) . It is never easy. They really are part of the family.

8. Awww, I’m so sorry for your loss. A few years ago I had to put my 16 yr old kitty down and it was so difficult. I still get upset about it to this day. They are members of the family, and it hurts just as bad to lose them as it does our human family members. =(

9. BethA says:

Oh, no. I just saw your post about your precious McKenzie. I’m so sorry. It’s rough losing a beloved family member.

10. Dirt Cheap Queen says:

I know exactly how you feel. About 4 years ago I had to put my Alexis to sleep and I still miss her so much even tho I have 2 others now. Take comfort in knowing she won’t have to suffer anymore.

11. Ugh, worst thing ever, I’m so sorry – pets are definitely part of the family and really are our best friends! Keeping you in my prayers!

12. I’m so, so sorry. It sounds like you definitely made the right decision for your sweet dog and she is now at peace. We had to do the same for our cat two years ago, and it was very difficult. This poem really comforts me. I hope it helps you, too. (((HUGS)))
    petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm

13. Laura Roe says:

So sorry about your pup, but thankful you gave her the gift of no more suffering. Even though it is a tough decision, you loved her enough to do what was best for HER. We have had to do the same thing. Never easy.

14. Gail says:

Oh Amanda, my heart aches for you and your family. Our pets are such a huge part of our family and we love them so very much. The joy, love and devotion Kenzie brought to all of you will live on in the wonderful memories you have of her. I’m so sorry. Blessing to you and your family.

15. Lisa S. says:

So sorry to hear about the loss of McKenzie. She looked like such an adorable pup.

16. Cgal says:

So sorry for your loss! I know there are no words to make this hurt go away but only to say she was as blessed to have you as her family as you were to have her! My furbaby is almost 15 and I can’t imagine how my world will be without her! You and your family are in my thoughts!!

17. SHERRY HART says:

Oh gosh…I am sorry I got to this post…it makes me cry. I will never forget having to put my last “smoochie” down. I broke my heart. Of course a month later I rescued 2 more dogs and now I will have to do it twice. Crap.
    I know it is so very hard 🙁