Haven Re-Cap

Well for my first ever blogging conference I have to say I had a blast!! and I am beyond thrilled that I pushed past my fear and went.  I met some of the most beautiful and amazing women & gentlemen (Mr. GWH) that I will never forget.

I finally got to meet Lori from Lori May Interiors and let me just tell you she is a treasure!  She was so sweet to pick me up at the airport and basically be by my side the entire conference! She had a friend (who is also a blogger) come with her to the conference and I am so glad to have had the chance to get to know her as well- Jen from At Home In The NorthWest.

Jen, Lori, me

One of the highlights of the conference was getting a chance to met all the big-dogs of the blogosphere:  Rhoda-Southern Hospitality, Kate-Centsational Girl, Layla-The Lettered Cottage, Beth-Stories from A to Z   (and Im so bummed I did not take any photos with these ladies)

Other fun people I got to meet:

Rashon- Mr. GW Hunting (he was such a treat to listen to)

And these 3 ladies-(Darlene from Fieldstone Hill Designs, Erika Ward from Erika Ward Interiors and BluLabel Bungalow and Sherry Hart from Sherry Hart Interior Design and Design Indulgence.   I can not say enough amazing things about these gals.  I loved their session so much I attended twice!!  And let me just tell you Sherry Hart is forever embedded in my mind as “The Fabric Whisperer”, this gal is wicked good with putting together patterns & fabrics!

me, Darlene, Erika, Sherry

Some more Haven Mavens:

Back Row- L to R: Kristy, Darlene, me, Lori, Jen
Front Row: L to R: Angela, Logan, Carole
Now its back to my crazy life- this Saturday my lil sis is getting married so this week is full of last minute wedding details.  I hope to have some fun pics next week of the wedding.  Or you can follow me on Instagram (amandacarolinteriors) or twitter for some behind the scene pics.

For more Haven re-caps head over to Rhoda’s at Southern Hospitality

20 thoughts on “Haven Re-Cap”

1. Simply LKJ says:

I am so bummed I missed it this year, as we were coming back from orientation with our youngest in Texas. I have had the pleasure of meeting many of the wonderful Atlanta ladies as that is my hometown. Looks like everyone had a fantastic time.

2. you are so gorgeous- even more so in person! it was so great to meet you! i was already a follower, but now i will be less of a stalker and more of a talker. 🙂 we met briefly at the cocktail party the second night- i know it was people over load!!!

3. Jen Gilday says:

Such a fun few days! Out of all of the subjects we chatted about, how did we not talk about your sisters wedding being so soon!?!? Have fun!!

Jen
    athomeinthenorthwestblog.com

4. So sad I misse dit, next year, when I don’t have a tiny baby attached to me:)

Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

5. Your sister is getting married?!? Wow! Tell her congrats from me!

You look beautiful in all of those photos…sounds like a wonderful time!

6. SHERRY HART says:

Oh gosh!!! I have a new nickname:)
    I loved meeting everybody……it was a blast. Wish I could have gone to dinner with you guys though….I know I missed some fun!

7. How fun!! Everyone looks fabulous and so happy, isn’t it great meeting up with new friends!

8. DIY Show Off says:

Darn my shyness! I remember seeing you but missed the opportunity to meet along with most in your pictures but so happy that we can meet and get to know each other through blogging! 🙂

9. I love the recap! I feel like I met so many people and yet keep coming across posts like this that make me think ‘how did I not run into these ladies anywhere?’. Next year! 🙂

10. elizabeth@themustardceiling says:

I have been reading all of the re-caps of Haven today. It sounds amazing. I am so sad I couldn’t make it this year…hopefully next year. I am so happy you had fun Amanda. I enjoyed living vicariously through your re-cap today, it confirmed that next year I have to be there :).

11. Kelly @ View Along the Way says:

It was so great to meet you Amanda! I wish Haven had gone on for another week so we would’ve had time to sit down and chat for real. 🙂

12. I am SO glad I got to meet you!! 🙂 Can’t wait for Haven 2013!

13. Finding Home says:

Amanda – I am kicking myself for not introducing myself to you. I saw you several times but never made the connection. I have enjoyed your blog for some time.

Maybe next year!

Take care,
    Laura

14. Sita says:

Looks like you had a great time, Amanda! Now you need to make sure you come out to SLC for ALT this year!

15. I’m so happy I got to meet you Amanda!

16. ashley @ the handmade home says:

I love your style! So happy to meet you too, sweet new friend! ;} Thanks for saying hello-so glad you had a good time! ;}

17. Looks like a fun time!!

18. Erika at BluLabel Bungalow says:

Getting a chance to finally meet in person was one of the many highlights of the conference. Thanks for your support in BOTH sessions. You have no idea how happy it makes us to see smiling faces in the crowd. You’re a sweetheart xo

19. Great recap! It was so great meeting and chatting it up with you! Can you pass along where you got that necklace you were talking to me about? I know that sounds vague, but I’m hoping you pick up what I’m putting down. 🙂

20. Looks so fun. How awesome to have some face-time with some of these brilliant ladies. So jealous. Maybe next year!