Cha, cha, changes

For those of you who know me- I can not keep things the same for long.  My latest victim…. my living room.

Here it is in its current state: (ok, honestly-its not THIS clean at the moment)

Im kinda over the rug– I know, I know- so sad. BUT it will get moved to another room. I ordered a light creamish/ gray cowhide rug today and now looking for a soft jute rug.  For pillows I’m thinking of keeping the Imperial Trellis pillow and adding this Christopher Farr print.  I ordered the sample today-so we’ll see.

Im hoping it will tie in with my greek key trimmed drapes in the dining room.
I have always had such a struggle marrying these two rooms together and I hope to achieve this with fabric.  I can do this for clients- but why can’t I do this for myself? I am my own worst client.  I need Sherry-“the fabric whisperer” to come help create a fabric story for me.

Anyone else tire of keeping their rooms the same?- or as I like to say: “have decorating A.D.D?”

15 thoughts on “Cha, cha, changes”

1. linneabylinneanilsson says:

Looks great already but it’ll be exciting to see how it turns out!

2. Debby Steele says:

Keep us posted. Can’t wait to see the outcome! xo

3. As long as you don’t get rid of your coffee table. I lust over that table! 🙂 I’m having the same struggle with my living room too. I’m on my 4th design board. Oy!

4. Yep! I can totally relate! I love your living room and love the rug!

5. Holly says:

I was just contemplating my new plan for our main floor. It’s getting repainted and now I know I’m going to want to refresh the pillows. So I’m right there with you! And I’ve always loved that Christopher Farr fabric – it’s a beauty.

6. I just ordered a new rug for my family/living room too! I’m the same way – always changing things up. Love that fabric whisperer line – so true – she’s a genius!

7. Catherine says:

Since I’ve been reading your blog, it seems like your living room has transformed from traditional to more modern, and it’s very inspiring. We redid our floors last winter, and I bought a very classic floral rug kind of like the one you used to have. Now, I’m really craving little touches of bright pink, and I think it’s fun to mix the styles. Your home is gorgeous, and it’s fun to watch the little changes as they happen. 🙂

8. I so have decorating ADD, but now it’s actually turned into paralysis! Love the changes.

9. Terry says:

I’ve been wanting to add a cream cowhide rug to our basement family room. Where did you buy yours?

10. Sita says:

I think it’s in a designer’s blood to always be switching things up in their own homes. I am constantly tweaking, deleting or adding things to rooms in my home…even after I say they are “finished.” Your living room is gorgeous as is, but I can’t wait to see how you switch things up. That Christopher Farr fabric is beautiful, and I am glad you are keeping the Imperial Trellis…one of my all time favorites!

11. Mary Meyer says:

Let’s put it this way: if I re-arrange the furniture in my living room one more time, I think I’m headed for divorce court!

12. Kathysue says:

Amanda I am so in love with the blue, green and gray fabric, it is going to be beautiful together!! Sherry is a wealth of info and help, such a generous soul, I just love her,
    xo Kathysue

13. Stacy Curran says:

Omg I can’t keep my rooms the same for two weeks. We need help. Seriously. But this is going to look awesome, so it’s worth it!
    Stacy

14. Lisa Mende Design says:

i am my own worst client too Amanda. Hard to bounce things off yourself, isn’t it? I adore that Christopher Farr fabric too. might be right what you need!

15. I definitely tire of things fast. But, the wallet says to keep it a little longer… unless… I can move things to another room. I do a lot of that. Shopping in my own home and craigslisting – that’s another way I justify it. But hey, it keeps the blog fresh, right? Right now, I’m just trying to make progress on things at my house (been here three months) so it feels more complete before I change much.