Dining Room Changes

Because you all know I can’t keep anything the same. My focus has now moved to my dining room.  Since the dining and living room open up to one another I figured if Im going to make changes in one I need to do so in the other.  Last week I shared with you the Christopher Farr fabric.   Im still waiting on my sample to get here.  But my thoughts are to reupholster my host chairs in this fabric.

But then this came in the mail on Friday- Robert Allen’s new fabric Elizas Garden.  And look how beautiful it is with Windsor Smith’s Xu Garden and Schumacher’s Betwixt

Decisions, decisions!  I threw together a design board of the direction I think I want to go,  but Im still tweaking it a bit.

Im thinking of removing the mirror and adding a piece of art work from Cozamia, and leaning two mirrors on either side of the buffet.  I still want to keep my greek key trimmed drapes, but may need to change it out for a navy key instead of the light blue.  Im wanting to score some Chinese Chippendale Bamboo chairs (good luck on that!!) from Craigslist and recover the seats in a coordinating fabric.  Basically the only things that will be staying are the wall color (BM Wedgewood Gray) table, buffet and possibly the drapery- everything else if fair game!  Wish me luck!!

Have a good day friends!  OH and guess what?  I got a little giveaway for you later this week!  I bought one for me and couldn’t pass up a chance to get one for you!  Stay tuned!

13 thoughts on “Dining Room Changes”

1. Kaley Garin says:

LOOOOOOVE THIS!!! I am STILL trying to decide on fabric for my kitchen banquette!!! And I love this combo of green and blue and grey!!

2. Laurie says:

OOOHHH that fabric!!! Can’t wait to see. Love your board.

3. Simply LKJ says:

Loving all those fabrics!!

4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your ideas! I would be in a major holding pattern trying to make that decision! Good luck on the chairs, too!

5. I love your fabric choices – can’t wait to see how this room turns out!

6. Gorgeous plans. I’m thinking about using the XU Garden in my basement. Love that green color too!

7. You are so good! I want to SEE it when you’re finished! (Before you re-do it again.) 😉 Ha!

8. Sita says:

Oh my! I love both the Christopher Farr and the Robert Allen fabric. Decisions, decisions, indeed! I am loving your design board. It’s funny how we always think we are going to change up a few things and then all the sudden nothing but the paint is staying the same…been there, done that!!!

9. faye says:

fun patterns 🙂

10. LOVE that Christopher Farr fabric! It looks fantastic in your mood board…along with all your other ideas! Looking forward to seeing how things develop.
    ps…great then & now pics of your living/dining areas – thank goodness decorating styles change like hairstyles…remember the 80’s?? 🙂

11. emily says:

All of those fabrics are beautiful and I love them all together! Your dining room is going to be fab!

12. a' la mode says:

Love love love! Xoxo

13. Love it! Can’t believe you are changing it – loved it before, too. That fabric combo that you talked about is divine.