E-Design Shared Kids Room

I was so excited to open my email the other day to see some after photos from one of my e-clients.  This client was a complete dream to work with!  She has a great sense of style and knew what she wanted, but just needed some help brining her vision to life.  The before photos are adorable as well, but the space was needing to function as a shared bedroom for her son & daughter.  She wanted something gender neutral yet with a pop of “girl” and “boy” to define that it was in fact a space for him and her.

The Before:

The design board:

We used navy & green with pops of pink for the “girly” side and navy for the “boy” side.

The After:

We did custom horizontal striped drapery in navy and white with a pop of green.  A dresser in between the beds serves as storage space and a nightstand.

Kelly green lamp base with white shades and navy trim.

The “boy” side with navy & green

The “girly” side with pink.

The small hallway towards the closet was dressed up with a custom cornice, fun pillows and a bench and storage unit.

Isn’t this such a fun space?  Those horizontal striped drapes just make the space!

Sources: Out of respect for my paying clients I do not disclose sources. I appreciate your understanding.

12 thoughts on “E-Design Shared Kids Room”

1. Anonymous says:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2. Donna Vining says:

The after looks great Amanda!! Great job!

donnaviningblog.com

3. Jen Gilday says:

Love it! What a great combination of colors. Nice work!!!!

Jen
    athomeinthenortthwestblog.com

4. Looks fantastic! I love it when a design comes to life and this shows that e-design really can work.

5. Love how the boy side and girl side complement each other so well. It all looks so classy.

6. The design looks so great! I love the navy and green. Nice work.

7. Lisa Mende Design says:

Looks great Amanda! Simple solution with clean lines and no fuss!

8. Michaela says:

Wow! It looks awesome. I love when e-design clients send after photos! So fun.

9. Linda @ theLENNOXX says:

Oh my gosh Amanda- you are so amazing! I have always loved gender neutral kids rooms and nurseries. It’s usually more sophisticated (as far as that work holds for kids rooms hah!). Absolutely love all the statement fabrics, and the horizontal stripe curtains are amazing!

And oh- thank you for reccomending Paul’s, I will keep my eyes open for that one, sounds like I’ve missed out on something big 😉

xox Linda

10. Love it! What an awesome space. You did such a great job. Who did the curtains? I love the touch of green on them. Isn’t it the best thing ever to get photos of an executed design?!

11. This is darling. What a great way to incorporate both kiddos. I just adore green and navy together. Well done, friend.

12. Wow! This turned out beautifully. I love navy with kelly green and stripes.