My 5 min. of fame

I had mentioned to you last week that I had an announcement- the news is…….  Im going to be on the news.  Our local Fox26 news station contacted me about doing a segment or two on a few of my DIY projects.  After my legs stopped shaking and my ears stopped ringing, I said “yes”.  If you must know I have a serious phobia of being recorded, photographed, taped, etc… I hate it!  Seriously H-A-T-E it.  If you’ve ever seen that episode of Friends where Chandler has to get his photo taken and every time the photographer says “smile” Chandlers face gets all contorted, well thats me.  Ask my sisters, they are always trying to help me “pose” for photos, so the thought of being on TV-and having to talk AND look normal- well lets just say it makes me want to run and throw up.  But Im happy to report I survived and didn’t faint or throw up, but my hands were shaking the whole time and I said the word “absolutely” like 20 million times.  It’s suppose to air this Saturday morning on Fox26 at the 6am hour and 7am hour.  I of course DO NOT get up that early so it will be DVR’d so I can view myself in all its awkwardness, with the fast forward button in hand.

Here’s a photo of the news reporter Sally McDonald– who was amazing and totally helped me be at ease, it was like chatting with one of my girlfriends. And see…..the dorky awkward face. ugh!  And then Sally all cute and TV-like.

Here’s a pic of Sally and the awesome camera guy Ray.

So after I watch the episode and make sure I don’t look like a complete moron I’ll post the link to the video sometime next week, or if your local and you happen to want to watch it, please go easy on me.

And in other news I surprised my hubby with tickets to a BNL concert!  We’re going tonight and Im so excited!  I’ve never been to one of their concerts so it should be fun.  “If I had a million dollars……………”  yea, now that song is gonna be stuck in your head.

Cheers!

13 thoughts on “My 5 min. of fame”

1. Jessie says:

Congratulations! Looking forward to see the video. No worries, I am sure you look fine!

Have fun at the concert tonight!

Jessie
    mixandchic.com

2. BethA says:

I’m so happy for you. I’m going out of town for the weekend, but I’ve got it set up to DVR!

3. Congrats, Amanda! You look gorgeous, and I’m positive it will be perfectly fine and maybe they’ll make you a regular feature! 🙂 Enjoy the weekend!

4. Catherine says:

Congratulations, Amanda! That is so exciting and you look gorgeous, as always. I’m anxiously awaiting the video. So thrilled for you! 🙂

5. Emily says:

Amazing!!!! Congratulations!!!

Emily Hewett
    A Well Dressed Home
    awelldressedhome.com

6. Sarajan says:

Well done, you! (Should that be well doing?!) Fame Rule #1: don’t ever let your head get any bigger than the last door you just walked through. Congrats!

7. Jen Gilday says:

You will LOVE the BNL concert! We saw them a few years ago and it was seriously the best concert we’ve ever been to. So entertaining and fun.

Jen
    athomeinthenorthwestblog.com

8. Congrats…how exciting! Absolutely looking forward to seeing your feature 🙂 Have fun at the show!

9. So so exciting!! Congrats lady!

10. Sita says:

How exciting for you! I’m sure you came across as cool and composed! I can’t wait to see it!

11. Donna Vining says:

How exciting?!! Congrats Amanda!!!

12. That is so well said – exactly how I feel about being recorded and photographed – it’s like acting natural goes out the window. And, every time the weird faces and such come up. I can speak to groups and such, but something about this freaks me out… but like you, I’d probably give it a try. Congrats on the feature. You did great!

13. Congrats girlie – you don’t look dorky at all! Can’t wait to see your segment!