Client Project

Thank you all for the sweet comments about my sisters announcement.  I can’t wait to get my hands on decorating the nursery- of course along with that comes me painting it- because she’s going to pull the “im pregnant and can’t paint card”.  I know this only because I did the exact same thing to her when I was pregnant. tee hee

This week I finished up the final details and on client install that I wanted to share with you.

When my client contacted me they had just moved into the home and did a complete purge and moved in only with their sofa.  wouldn’t you love to do that-purge everything and start over?  Because they have two small children the easy to clean sofa will stay for now.

I used a large silver bowl to corral all her magazines and baskets under the coffee table for blankets.

Custom pillows made in Windsor Smith Riad and Kravet’s Jelly Bean really help break up all the beige on the sofa.
***quick tip**** to get the big fluffy look to your custom made pillows always use down inserts and buy the insert larger than the finished pillow size- so if you have a 20″ finished pillow use a 22″ down insert.

Easy decor:  fill a large ceramic bowl with fresh fruit.  Its inexpensive and good for you!

Small vignette with books and a succulent.

We used a pair of these Arteriors lamps on either side of the sofa. Love the hammered metal finish.
The Entry:  Love this Pottery Barn console– its nice and long.  We used baskets underneath for extra storage and hung this huge gray mirror with shells set in the panel.

Close-up of the shells.

We are still waiting on chairs for the kitchen table and a rug.  But my client was thrilled when she came home to all of this.  And this is why I do what I do!  I get pure joy out of making someone’s home a place of peace and comfort.  Oprah once stated that “your home should rise up to greet you” and I truly believe that.  Its good for the soul to have a home you love.

26 thoughts on “Client Project”

1. Abbe says:

Love those lamps!! I just used them in a client’s lobby! They are fabulous! Love this post!

2. Marjorie says:

Looks great! I love your designs. Had to laugh because we purged everything when we moved except for the couch! lol

3. Stacy Curran says:

I just used the exact same floral pillow in my own family room, but with a slightly different color scheme. Love to see how you and I do things almost the same, but not exactly the same! LOVE this room!!

4. Heather says:

Love the coffee table! Can you share the source?

1. Kerri says:

I don’t see where anyone responded to you but I found the coffee table you asked about on Ballard Designs’ website. It’s called the Morgan Cocktail Table with Woven Basket.

5. Sita says:

It all came together beautifully! I am currently using the same floral fabric in a client project! It would be a dream to purge everything and start completely from scratch! One day…maybe? :)

6. Beautiful job, Amanda! That shell mirror is fabulous and I’ve never seen anything in Riad that I didn’t love!

7. Amanda,
    The lamps are AMAZING and I love the succulent. I’ve never considered using one in my living room, but I love how it adds a touch of freshness to the space.

You did a really wonderful job updating their sofas and space!

8. That entryway is fabulous! You really pulled it all together and helped her incorporate her own sofas into the design.

9. a' la mode says:

The entryway! Gasp! Great job!

10. lisa Mende Design says:

Looks great!

11. Love what you did for your client Amanda! Gorgeous! Congrats to your sister!

12. Staci Chavez says:

Looks so pretty Amanda, I love your design aesthetic!

13. Fantastic styling. I’m sure they love it!

14. Anonymous says:

What color paint is on the walls??? I love it!

15. Kaara says:

What is that paint color?? Love!

16. Anonymous says:

Agreed! The color in the entry is beautiful. What brand and color please?

17. I blogged about your tip for fluffy pillows today! Thanks for the tip!

18. Love this room! Where did you buy the rug?

19. Anonymous says:

Yes…please share the paint color!!!

1. Amanda says:

The paint color is Restoration Hardware Stone

20. Anonymous says:

Hi! can you please share the paint color in the entryway..and then i will be off to the paint store :)

1. Amanda says:

The paint color is Restoration Hardware Stone- best color ever!!!

21. It looks beautiful Amanda! I actually stumbled across the entry table picture on Pinterest which led me to your blog. I have the same table and have been struggling with how to decorate table and the very large wall above it and this definitely gives me some ideas :)

22. nana says:

What beautiful entry and love, love, love the shell mirror. Do you have a source for that? You have amazing taste.

23. Tricia says:

Cpuld you please share where the mirror is from??? LOVE!!! Great job looks fabulous!