Living Room E-Design

Today Im sharing another E-Design for a clients living room.  She had come to me wanting a comfortable and casual living space for her and her family.  She had recently purchased this sofa from Crate & Barrel but needed direction on the rest of the room.

She also has a wonderful entire brick wall on one side of the room with a fireplace.  I recommended painting the brick white or a light wash on it to lighten up the room.  She’s hoping to convince her hubby to be on board with it  (we’ve all been there haven’t we?).

Here’s the design board I presented:

And the fireplace area painted white:

Anyone else out there have dark red brick that they painted white?  I’d love to hear your stories and if you choose to do it yourself or hire it out?

Cheers!

12 thoughts on “Living Room E-Design”

1. Love this plan, Amanda. I’m always a sucker for blue and white!

2. Sita says:

Love the touches of Navy…and of course, the rug. 😉 I recently had one of my E-Clients paint her red brick fireplace white. I’m hoping to get some pictures of the completed space. I’ll be sure to share if I do!

3. Love these boards! I totally painted my red brick fireplace white…super easy, looks amazing. Transforms the entire space and made me ticked I’d waited 6 years to do it!!

1. a' la mode says:

And yours looks amazing Cas! Xo shel

4. Anonymous says:

I never liked solidly painted brick, so I whitewashed mine with watered-down latex paint. It tones down the red but you can see the color variations through the paint wash.

5. Debbie says:

Lovely plan! And I think it would work with the red brick as well if she can’t convince her husband to paint. The best plans are always versatile.

6. Jack says:

Looks great!! I just recommended the same to a friend that I was helping decorate….to paint the brick fireplace. She LOVES it. Looks fantastic and they wonder why they didn’t do it sooner! I bet your client will love it!
    Jen

7. Jen Gilday says:

Sorry my comment came through as ‘Jack’ (my son)! He was logged into blogger! Oops! It’s me, Jen (at home in the northwest).

Jen

8. I have done it with 2 parts water to 1 part latex paint and it looks great! You can always do it a second time if you want it more opaque.

9. Great ideas. I have a red brick fireplace I am dying to redo. Can’t decide to paint it or cover it with planking or tile….

10. I whitewashed our brownish red brick a few months after we moved in -best decision I made. That one thing made the hugest difference – it lightened the room up so much – you’d think I added a window but all I did was lighten the brick.

11. Michaela says:

Looks great! I just painted a client (and friend!) of mine’s fireplace white. It was a super easy process! Just one coat of primer and two coats of white paint. We didn’t seal it because they don’t use the fireplace, so it wasn’t necessary. It looks so good…definitely makes all the difference!