Cobalt Blue Sofa

I had shared with you a few weeks ago that I was going to take off my slipcover and let my blue sofa free, and I have finally gotten around to snapping a few quick photos.

I added some pillows in Schumacher’s Chenonceau and David Hicks La Fiorentina.  Im loving the magenta against the cobalt.

The jute rug from West Elm came in and it looks perfect with the cowhide:

I also picked up my end chairs for the dining room last week from the upholsterer.  I had them recovered in this Kelly Green fabric.  Im still deciding on what to do about the side chairs -definitely going to keep them neutral and let this green be the only pop of color in the room.

This green is perfect with the KW Imperial Trellis fabric, but I don’t think I’ll be pulling this fabric into the room, at least not for now.

The living room is pretty much finished- except Im on the hunt for a pair of x-benches to add some extra seating.  For the dining room I still need to get it painted, decide what to do about side chairs, get the drapery made, hang the new mirrors and find a chandelier. *sigh* on top of decorating for Fall and deciding what I want to do in that space for Christmas….the list never ends…..

22 thoughts on “Cobalt Blue Sofa”

1. Brooke @ Inside-Out Design says:

I love that you “unleashed” that gorgeous blue sofa!!! I saw a picture of one in this same shade on Home Talk a few days ago and thought it was so striking. Love your chair color too. Actually loving everything about these photos; can’t wait to see more when your dining room is finished!

2. Catherine says:

Yes! I have been waiting for this post and it looks amazing! You helped me with the slipcover issue last year, and now you’ve inspired me to let my couches breathe again, too. Thank you so much! 🙂

3. Oh I love it. The blue is stunning and I think it should stay uncovered. Love the green too. Beautiful room. Hugs, Marty

4. i hopped over here from jessie’s blog (mix and match) and i’m so happy i did. i am a girl who LOVE color and i LOVE those cobalt blue couches with the magenta against them! and with the kelly green thrown in for the pop of color? DROOL! stunning! i just may be your newest stalker (jk, don’t be scared)

5. PS–one last comment–I thought your blog design looked familiar and now i just realized that shabby chic creations (michelle) did your design too! She designed the look for my blog and I came across samples of your design on her site when I was perusing possible looks way back in January! cheers!

6. oh i love love love it! in my dream house i am going to have a cobalt blue vintage sofa! LOVE this!

7. Nicole Rene says:

Gosh! I adore the couch! Glad you let it’s blue show haha! 🙂

8. Gorgeous!! Cannot wait to see how you bring it all together with the dining chairs!

9. I am loving the mix of color and pattern! Well done!

10. BethA says:

Oh, Amanda! Those green dining chairs. They are calling to me. Love!

11. diane says:

Love the jewel tones you’ve got going and are so nice for the fall and winter.

12. I really love this! The look you have going on is nice and collected, and that sofa looks like it has a great story to tell. I love the color.

13. Lili says:

those pillows are perfect with the cobalt!!!

14. gorgeous – love love love the blue and the green chairs!

15. LOVE it! The room, all of it, is absolutely gorgeous! What do you think of the West Elm Jute rug? I’ve been eyeing them for months now and haven’t been able to find alot of reviews.

16. Sita says:

I am LOVING the cobalt blue sofa! The pillows you chose look amazing on it! I love how you have injected your home with so much color. I would actually love to add kelly green somewhere in my house! It is all looking so great, Amanda!

17. Love it all, but especially those newly recovered chairs! By the way, I think we’re over due for a chat!
    Talk soon,
    L

18. It looks so great! I love the colors of the pillows against the blue!

19. René says:

It looks fabulous! Loving all the colors together!

20. EmilyO says:

hi Amanda! I was curious if you bought your cowhide locally? not sure if you would be willing to share where you bought, but I live in Houston and would love to get something similar. I LOVE your blog, it’s always a treat in my inbox!

21. Amanda, your rooms are coming together beautifully! So glad that you went for it with the blue sofa, and I love your new black chairs in the dining room. I know we share a love of kelly green and I wanted to show you my new back door:
    dimplesandtangles.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-little-back-door-fun-my-paint-color.html

It’s coming along so well! Looking forward to seeing it totally completed!

22. The Clarks says:

Love your blog! Would you mind sharing where your coffee table is from? I love it and am looking for something similar.
    Thanks!