Fall Mantel

This year I’ve been inspired by all the gold dipped vases and jars out there in blog land- so I decided to apply some gold to the bottoms of my ceramic pumpkins.  My dear friend Cyndy from The Creativity Exchange introduced me to this amazing paint found in the hobby section of the local craft store.  Its called Testor’s Enamel.  Cyndy used it to paint some vases here. I borrowed this picture from Cyndy’s blog because I forgot to take a photo of mine.

I pulled out some old ceramic pumpkins from last year and painted the bottoms  gold.  On my smaller ones I painted the stems & leaves gold.

LINKING TO:
Weekend Bloggy Reading

Ten June Fall Decor Party
The Inspired Room

16 thoughts on “Fall Mantel”

1. Brooke @ Inside-Out Design says:

I looove the gold dipped pumpkins!! So pretty!!

2. Brooke says:

cuuuuute! i am loving your gold dipped pumpkins! i posted about the pumpkins i painted over the weekend today. i’d love for you to check them out!

xo
    decorgreat.blogspot.com

3. Loving your fall mantle girl! Love all of the touches of gold, really looks so fall chic! So glad that you like the Testor’s. Best stinky paint ever!! Hugs sweet friend!

4. Oh, you KNOW I love the gold!! So pretty — sorry about your horsey!

5. Karen says:

Oh this is classy and beautiful,love the gold touches.

6. Jessica @ Decor Adventures says:

Hi Amanda,

Looks pretty. I love finding a good gold paint. You can use it in a lot of ways. Happy fall 🙂

7. Lexi says:

The white and gold looks fantastic on the pumpkins and gourds!
    ♡ Lexi @ glitterinc.com

8. LOVE the creamy whites, golds, and oranges!!!

9. The color blocking is just perfect! I am loving the simple colors, but huge focal point! Beautiful as always!

10. Sita says:

So pretty. You know you had me at “gold dipped.” 🙂

11. You were the one that got me onto gold in the first place and now I’m hooked!

12. Kathysue says:

Amanda,
    Love the way you always glam things up a bit!! Nice touch,
    Happy Fall,
    Kathysue

13. aw so clever. i love the white/gold pumpkins. maybe thats a way to incorporate them if you hate the pumpkin color 🙂

14. This is sooooo pretty! Would love for you to link up at my Fall Decor Party 🙂
    mymoderncountry.com/2012/10/fall-decor-and-linky-party.html