Weekend Shopping

For those of you who follow me on Instagram you probably saw all my great finds this past Saturday.  It will truly a great day of deals!

First stop was HomeGoods where I scored a replacement for poor old Horace (my horse head).  He made an unfortunate fall while I was styling my fireplace mantel for Autumn.  I shared his injury on Instagram and had some great suggestions of what to do with him and his one-eyed self.

But in the end I scored this new guy from HomeGoods and am quite excited about him:

I also grabbed this guy- Im thinking I need a name for him as well.

After I loaded up the boys in my car, I headed over to the Habitat Restore Store.

Now Ive been to the Habitat Restore place before and usually walk out empty handed, but not this day.

I bought a pair of these Anita Visual Comfort lamps- brand new-they were still wrapped in bubble wrap & styro foam. They retail for $420 each- here.  I paid……wait for it……………$30 a lamp!  Thats what they call a Jesus deal!!!

Im thinking of adding black shades to them.

I also grabbed this Visual Comfort brass floor lamp:

It retails for $399 here  and I paid………$30 for it- oh yes I did!  So needless to say I was doing quite the happy dance that day.

Oh and I also found this great wooden pillar to hold my man-head (the one my family hates and wishes he would fall to his death).  I like the weathered wood and how it matches the buffet in my dining room.

Now after seeing all these pictures of statues & busts Im starting to think I might be a little weird.  I guess you could say Im one mounted deer head away  from being off my rocker.

12 thoughts on “Weekend Shopping”

1. Holy moly girl!! What a bargain huntress you are! Wow!! Love everything!

2. HG Insider says:

Wow, what a successful day of shopping! Dare we say it…we’re loving those lamps. What a steal. We think you’re stylish. Not weird. But we suggest staying away from a mounted deer head. Your friends at HomeGoods

3. Patty says:

Hi – which Re-Store do you visit in the Houston area?

Thanks –
    Patty

4. Sita says:

I am so jealous! Those lamps are to die for! Off your rocker? No way! More like Design Aficionado. 😉

5. Anonymous says:

WTF!?! Those are some AMAZING deals. Love the mix you have going in your home right now, it is unique while still being on trend.

-Lexi

6. elizabeth@themustardceiling says:

I saw a horse head the other day at Homegoods, similar to the one you bought….I almost picked it up. Love those lamps, what a deal!? They will look fabulous with black shades.

7. Seriously great finds! I can’t wait to see how you style them!

8. Excuse me while I go freshen my make-up…I am feeling a little green-with envy! 🙂
    Those are some serious deals on some seriously great stuff! I just posted about some recently found antique brass wall sconces at a favorite thrift store, but need to check out our local Restore for a chance to score like you! Love it all!

9. Kathysue says:

I would say that you had a verrrrry good day!! Love the lamps!!and the prices!!
    Kathysue

10. Mrs. DeVore says:

Wow, you found some great deals!

11. You totally need a mounted deer head! 😉

I’ve been to that Habitat store and walked out empty-handed as well. I thought I really didn’t need to go back….until seeing your post. Hmm…

12. Anonymous says:

HI

Is there a rule to what the height of a lamp should be for a buffet? Thanks Cheri