Master Bedroom Reveal

Hello friends!!! I have been meaning to share my master bedroom updates with you.  This poor room has been through so many changes and paint colors I have lost count.  I believe we are on paint color #5 and Im promising my husband its the last one! (**wink **wink)

I dug up a really old BEFORE photo with my chocolate brown walls:

Screen shot 2013-11-01 at 9.31.28 AM

And here is the most current BEFORE:

Screen shot 2013-11-01 at 10.18.47 AM

And the AFTER:

Much better, right?

Masterbedroom Final

master bedroom full shot

By far my favorite piece in the room is this HUGE Entablature mirror from Restoration Hardware-its over 8 feet tall and 5 feet wide!

Restoration Hardware Floor Mirror

I love the roman shades with the Mary McDonald trim.  I choose an inexpensive linen-like fabric from a local fabric store & splurged on the Mary McDonald trim.

Mary McDonald trim roman shades

For art work above our dresser we choose to have photos from our trip to Paris & London enlarged and custom framed.  I enjoy waking up and seeing these reminding me of the precious time my husband and I spent touring those special cities.

Black and white artwork Paris London

More Mary McDonald fabric.  The blue floral fabric is from Duralee.

Mary McDonald Pillow

These X-Benches were from Overstock (unfortunately no longer available) and were covered in a terrible blue-green fabric. I had them reupholstered in this ice blue velvet.

X-Benches

This mirror has been with me for years but I grew tired of the original champagne finish, but loved the shape so I added some gold leaf rub-n-buff.

Sunburst Mirror

My side of the nightstand is a bit girly with my lady bust (HomeGoods) and a mirrored tray for my bracelets.

Lady bust with jewels

Fresh flowers

Hubby side is fairly simple- some books,  his wooden lacquer cuff-links box and a little pop of greenery with the faux boxwood. Oh! and a clock that I don’t think even works.

mirrored nightstand and boxwood

I can’t tell you how pleased I am that we finally finished this space and can enjoy it. Why is it that the bedroom is the last room we decorate?

So how about you- is your bedroom in need of some attention?

14 thoughts on “Master Bedroom Reveal”

1. Carol says:

Hello Amanda! Loved the room!!!! Can you please let me know the color on the wall? My bedroom has a similar shape to yours and I was planning to use a gray color but I am so confused in which on to choose. Can you please let me know? Thank you so much.

Carol

1. Amanda Eck says:

Hi Carol
      The wall color is Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter- its one of my favorite paint colors!!

2. Dwell by Cheryl says:

Simply stunning! Not sure what’s my favorite element in the room. I may have to go with the x-benches. I’m a sucker for anything reupholstered.

3. Sarah says:

Everything is SO gorgeous! I love every last detail. I had no idea that mirror was that large – but it looks phenomenal in your space!

4. cyndy@thecreativityexchange says:

Love it girl!! This space is so gorgeous Amanda! The wall color is perfect and the fabric details are so extra special. I know you guys just love it! Great job Amanda!

5. Betty says:

This room is beautiful….so elegant! The rug looks really good. What colors are in it and where did you get it?

6. Shauna @ Satori Design for Living says:

Looks gorgeous Amanda! That trim was worth all your hassle and your decor really finishes the room off.

1. Amanda Eck says:

Thank you so much Shauna!!

7. Abby M. Interiors says:

Amanda! You must be thrilled. This is such a transformation and I think a testament to how you’ve grown as a designer. I know we all grow and change through the years and I love looking back at OLD photos. You’ve done an amazing job here–really stunning. The mirror, the shades, the accessories–it’s all perfection. Bravo, my friend!

1. Amanda Eck says:

Thanks Abby!!! I know its so funny to look back at some of my photos and think “what was I thinking??!!”

8. Abby M. Interiors says:

Oh- And I especially love that you used both sconces and lamps. Brilliant. xo

9. sherry hart says:

Beautiful Amanda! I love that RH mirror also and all of the updates you have made!

10. carol pugliese says:

BEAUTIFUL, WHAT IS THE COLOR AND PAINT OF YOUR BEFORE BEDROOM???? AND WHAT COLOR IS THE AFTER??? THANK YOU

1. Amanda Eck says:

I think the before color was SW Warm Toast. The After color is Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter.